Bufferbloat on Steroids

Can anyone help me with diagnosing what's happening to my network. I'm seeing such horrendous buffer bloat i'm wondering if im testing incorrectly, if my XR1000 isn't working properly, or its all to do with my ISP.

To start off i'm in Australia and i just moved from fiber to 5G in the hopes of alleviating the bufferbloat i had previously. I have a TPG supplied Sagemcom modem/router connected to my XR1000.

First image is with my PC connected to the XR1000 via ethernet. Using Steam i saturated the network and applied 3 different QOS setups; red = off, green = 70%, blue = 30% which didn't appear to have helped with anything. The grey bracket was with the network unloaded.

2nd image is the PC connected to the modem/router with the centre of the graph being loaded

3rd is what the ping plotted pick up from XR1000 while it was doing the Congestion Control advanced auto setup.

What do you guys reckon, am I incorrectly testing, or is something afoot

Capture.PNG

failed net_LI.jpg

router unplugged unload vs lkoad vs unlooad.PNG

idle vs qos automanager.PNG

Yes all devices are connected to the XR, with the PC connected over ethernet and the rest over wifi. At the time of these tests, the devices weren't active.

Congestion control was set to Always with Traffic Prioritisation off.

Expected speeds are between 250mbps peak to 500mbps off peak. Peak hour i consistently get 300mbps.

I did that for my previous isp and this one, taking it all the way down to 20% with no discernible effect.

The 2nd image shows 3 setups; no traffic optimisation followed by 70% and 30% TP, as you can see nothing changed between the states.

Im not sure if I'm missing something

5 hours ago, Swagislav said:

I did that for my previous isp and this one, taking it all the way down to 20% with no discernible effect.

The 2nd image shows 3 setups; no traffic optimisation followed by 70% and 30% TP, as you can see nothing changed between the states.

Im not sure if I'm missing something

Could you please also run a Connection Benchmark on the XR1000 and send over the results? That may also contain some telling information. 

To be safe, could you please try different ethernet cables? Just so we can rule that out as a cause.

49 minutes ago, Swagislav said:

First 2 are without Traffic Prioritisation  enabled and the 3rd last one with TP set to 70% on both Up and Down

Your base ping and speed test results are fluctuating quite a lot which could be part of the problem, but I'd still expect better Ping Test Under Load results.

Are you using IPv6? Could you please disable that then see if the results improve?

Are you using NETGEAR's Armor feature? If so could you also disable that temporarily.

Trying a different ethernet cable could also help, I'd suggest trying that too to verify.

7 hours ago, Swagislav said:

Ipv6 is disabled on modem, XR1000 and pc, as well as netgear armor.

I've tried 3 different cables with the same bufferbloat

Do you know if you require PPPoE, VLAN or DHCP identifiers in order for you to connect to the internet?