PC Randomly getting disconnected, just enough to cause CoD to disconnect

So this has happened day after day.  I'll get a couple of hours into a game on Cold War, and then i'll leave it to take a nap, etc. or go to work, and without fail during that time my PC will randomly get disconnected from cod servers. 

Today when it happened, i realized that my PC disconnected from servers, but my Xbox (which is hard wired as well, same as PC) that had a Black ops 4 game open, never got disconnected? 

I've screenshot every setting in the router page, (XR1000 btw)  and just included them all in the imgur.  https://imgur.com/a/UJHFVRU 

Also today when it happened was within the time that this log includes.  (it happened within 3 hours of me downloading log and taking these screenshots) 

My setup is ONT -> into XR1000 

With PC hard wired directly into the XR1000 

log.txt

There's very little in those logs unfortunately.

Does this also happen to you while you're actively playing a game, or is it just when you're AFK in the menus?

If you hook up your old router and eliminate the XR1000 from the equation, do you still get disconnected when you're AFK for a couple hours?

I've had it occasionally happen in a game as well.  

In the screenshots it says "lease time" renewed 3 hours ago, and that it would renew again in 4 hours. 

Would that have any thing to do with it?   Although still wouldn't explain why cold war dc'd me on my PC, but black ops 4 kept going on my xbox. 

I plan to factory reset it once i get home here shortly.  Hoping that if i start from scratch maybe i could inadvertently get around the issue by accident. 

was an idea at least. 

And i'm unable to connect old router.  I've bene using the XR1000 for awhile now (at least a year)  

It's just i usually have not spent so much time attempting a single game (high round zombies) before, so i've usually just blown it off.  

But recently it's really been an issue due to doing just that ^^ (spending a lot of time in one game) 

1 hour ago, lockit14 said:

I've had it occasionally happen in a game as well.  

In the screenshots it says "lease time" renewed 3 hours ago, and that it would renew again in 4 hours. 

Would that have any thing to do with it?   Although still wouldn't explain why cold war dc'd me on my PC, but black ops 4 kept going on my xbox. 

I plan to factory reset it once i get home here shortly.  Hoping that if i start from scratch maybe i could inadvertently get around the issue by accident. 

was an idea at least. 

And i'm unable to connect old router.  I've bene using the XR1000 for awhile now (at least a year)  

It's just i usually have not spent so much time attempting a single game (high round zombies) before, so i've usually just blown it off.  

But recently it's really been an issue due to doing just that ^^ (spending a lot of time in one game) 

Thanks for letting us know, the factory reset may well help so let us know the results of that.

The lease renewal shouldn't cause that, however if you wanted to test it you could go to LAN setup in the Settings, change the minimum DHCP pool value to be .50, then reserve IP addresses for each device experiencing the issue from the range of .2 to .49.

That way, you've reserved an IP that's outside of the DHCP pool and won't renew.

Let us know how you get on!

3 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Thanks for letting us know, the factory reset may well help so let us know the results of that.

The lease renewal shouldn't cause that, however if you wanted to test it you could go to LAN setup in the Settings, change the minimum DHCP pool value to be .50, then reserve IP addresses for each device experiencing the issue from the range of .2 to .49.

That way, you've reserved an IP that's outside of the DHCP pool and won't renew.

Let us know how you get on!

Alright.  After resetting, should I change the MAC address, or IP from “get from isp” etc.   mainly wanting to only change the things that Would help avoid any risk of causing disconnects while minimizing that risk as much as possible.  

On 3/18/2022 at 11:49 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

No you don't need to change any of those settings, just the ones that Liam mentioned. Quite possibly if it's happening when you're not there then the game has disconnected you due to inactivity

Ok last thing.  After resetting I haven't had any DC issues (that i've had happen while playing so far)  

but an issue i noticed. - I have IP address reserved for my PC to have a IP address (.2)  yet it is giving it a different one.  It's actually giving it the IP address you had me set for the starting IP (.50)  

Realized this, because I was trying to set PC as default DMZ. image.thumb.png.b170ce0c961d9ff66bf3ded8bf9176cb.pngimage.thumb.png.054d5be2390cf369498c7902379937ed.png

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Reboot the device you set the static IP for and then it should only get the .2 IP. Have you connected the device to ethernet and WiFi recently?

Ive reset the router a couple days ago now.   Which is when I set the static ip and all.  I’ve restarted pc multiple times since then.  

• Administrators

Have you connected the device to ethernet and WiFi recently as that would explain it - the device may have a different IP for wireless and a different one for ethernet, in which case it may also appear as a separate device that you would need to set a static IP for.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Have you connected the device to ethernet and WiFi recently as that would explain it - the device may have a different IP for wireless and a different one for ethernet, in which case it may also appear as a separate device that you would need to set a static IP for.

It has no WiFi.  It’s PC, with only available connection method is through ethernet. 

Is it coincidence that the IP it’s giving the PC is the exact same as what you suggested setting the minimum DHCP value to?   (I’m assuming that’s the starting IP address that you meant.  Since mine doesn’t say minimum anywhere) 

192.168.1.50 (added the 50 at the end as you suggested). That’s what is set as starting IP address, and that’s the IP it’s giving my PC.   

With ending IP kept the way it was automatically which was 192.168.1.254. 

The PC btw is the “main” pc.  So it’s what I used from the very start (or reset) to set settings, etc.   it’s hard wired directly into the XR1000 which is hardwired directly into the ONT 

That looks correct, could you go to Device Manager and click on your PC. Does it show the IP you've reserved for it or does it show .50?

Could you open a command prompt on your PC (Windows key + R, then type cmd and hit Enter). In the command prompt, enter the command ipconfig /renew. Does the PC then get the correct IP that you've reserved for it?