Call of duty vanguard

Hi there. I’m having a few problems with call of duty vanguard on the netduma r2. 

in the past two days I have been getting over 100ms ping every game. 

I have the geo filter on and used the ping heat map which said 50ms but I’m not reaching anything like that. Instead I’m between 100ms and 170ms. 

I have tried factory resetting the router to no avail. 

Does anyone have any advice on what to do? I’m a little bit stuck and it is becoming very hard to play the game. 

thanks

amy

EA48552B-990D-4768-B0D7-E13FC8AECB34.jpeg

0C208946-510A-489D-BAA6-5A67BA2E81D3.jpeg

Edited by Rogue Assassin

Where abouts are you located, in the UK? You have really high ping to pretty much everything, much higher than I'd expect.

Are you using a VPN by chance? That would increase ping by quite a lot depending on which VPN server you select.

Otherwise, can you think of any other changes that may have been made in the last couple of days? That could help us narrow down the issue.

13 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Where abouts are you located, in the UK? You have really high ping to pretty much everything, much higher than I'd expect.

Are you using a VPN by chance? That would increase ping by quite a lot depending on which VPN server you select.

Otherwise, can you think of any other changes that may have been made in the last couple of days? That could help us narrow down the issue.

Hi there nope no changes apart from a call of duty update. 

im located in the midlands. 

nothing else has changed apart from a call of duty update. Which has resulted in these high pings. I have even reset the router to see if that was a problem. But that did not help. I’m a bit stuck to be honest. 

So just logged in now. Did the ping test again and joined a cod server and I’m now getting 25-30 ping. 

im guessing this could because of the servers being oversaturated on a night. Compared to now in the day time. 

I thought the netduma would help with this seeing as last night my ping was high but everyone else was on about 25-30 ping

Hmm, interesting. Could you share a screenshot of how QoS is configured currently? Sounds like we need to do some optimisations there.

If you haven't already configured QoS, I'd highly recommend doing so, you can follow the below guide to see how to get it setup:

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077073-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-qos

OK, and when you're playing Vanguard do you see the 'DumaOS classified games' rule detecting traffic? This will be denoted with two red dots on the rule.

It looks as though not very much traffic has been detected so that could be contributing to why you're having some connection trouble in game.

• Administrators

Thanks for that, Congestion Control definitely needs to be optimized, it could be why your ping is so high, set Congestion Control to Always and experiment with the percentages to see what lowers the Ping Under Load test to be more like the Ping Test results. So change percentage, test, change, test etc.