XR500. Need step by step in opening ports for fifa 22 on ps5. Im totally lost. (im new)

Hello. so i want to port forward for fifa 22 on my ps5. i am totally new to this. i looked at so much stuff on the internet and tried things already but dont even know if the ports are open. i have a night hawk 500. i need a step by step on how to do this. i looked up so much stuff that i think im worst off than when i started. thank you

Here are the ports to forward for FIFA 22 - Playstation 5:

TCP Ports: 1935, 3478-3480, 3659, 10000-10099, 42127

UDP Ports: 3074, 3478-3479, 3659, 6000

• Ernie changed the title to XR500. Need step by step in opening ports for fifa 22 on ps5. Im totally lost. (im new)
8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Is there a reason you're specifically forwarding ports? In regards to NAT you should be open automatically. What is the model of the modem/router the XR is connected to?

I have never done port forwarding. I want to see if it improves my fifa gameplay. 

I recently moved to NC. When I first hooked up the game. I got full bars and a ping around 20-27 on fifa 22. I moved from LA where I not once saw full bars in years of playing. It was a great sight to see lol. Problem is the full bars was only for about 2-3 days with the ping like I said. Than it stopped. Ping now consistent at 40 with not full bars in game. 

So all this this seemed kind of strange that I could get good ping and than stop. So I have started to tinker with anything I can to see if I can get back the ping. This is the main reason. 

the modem is from spectrum. Model ET2251

Also. The server I connect to is in Virginia. Well that’s what it shows but the ping doesn’t match up much. When I do a ping heat map for fifa 22. The closet server are Virginia, Columbus, Miami. Ping heat map shows Ohio and Miami with ping around 40. Virginia which I connect to shows ping around 27. 

Another thing I don’t understand. When ping heat mapping. I am Able to click on Miami and Ohio servers to see the details down below. The Virginia ping dot. I am not able to click on it. Well I can click on it but nothing shows up down below in the details. Also the list of ping locations that comes up on the right side of the screen. The Virginia server never shows up on the list. 

• Administrators

That's very unlikely to help, more likely is utilizing the Geo-Filter and QoS but can you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing on Ping Heatmap please?

For port forwarding, put the numbers twice - one for destination/source and one for incoming/outgoing e.g:

Incoming 1935
Outgoing 1935
Protocol TCP

When I ping heatmap. The server closest to me is Virginia. Why doesn’t it come out on the right side of the screen. The list of pings. Also when I click on it. Nothing comes out in the bottom panel. Where it shows the live ping. 

ping usually in 20s. Showing at 32 right now  

also when I have geofilter. It shows to Connect to Virginia server with live ping of 15-18. This is when clicking on it when game is connecting to server through geo filter. Nothing to do with pingheat map. This jus something different I notice  

60EEF702-EF1E-4C92-9967-A4FDF0755C37.jpeg

• Administrators

That is odd, could you resync the cloud on Ping Heatmap please and then re-ping - I suspect it may disappear or that it would update and that it might be a cache issue and that's why it isn't appearing in the list or pinging, it would explain the ping difference between heatmap and the Geo-Filter. 

35 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That is odd, could you resync the cloud on Ping Heatmap please and then re-ping - I suspect it may disappear or that it would update and that it might be a cache issue and that's why it isn't appearing in the list or pinging, it would explain the ping difference between heatmap and the Geo-Filter. 

I did the resync a couple times. Same thing. Virginia (28 ping) doesn’t show up on list of pings to the right. Also when I click on it. Nothing comes out in the bottom panel. You can see a bit on the bottom panel but that’s from clicking the Miami server. 

F35BD7B2-AC5A-4268-8F6C-77715731039E.jpeg

11 hours ago, Ernie said:

I did the resync a couple times. Same thing. Virginia (28 ping) doesn’t show up on list of pings to the right. Also when I click on it. Nothing comes out in the bottom panel. You can see a bit on the bottom panel but that’s from clicking the Miami server. 

Could you try clearing your browsers cache and check back again? That could be why we're seeing a difference there.

12 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Could you try clearing your browsers cache and check back again? That could be why we're seeing a difference there.

So clear it on my Mac? Or clear it somehow in netduma OS?

so i cleared cache for the last 24 hours. i went back into netduma. same thing. the virgina ping doesnt show up on the list. also when i click on it. no details come out in the bottom panel.

5 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Clear it in your web browser, or you could also try opening an incognito window and accessing the interface that way. If that's still not fixing the problem, I'll let the team know and we can update the cloud for FIFA 22.

Did it on a incognito window as well. Same thing. The Virginia server doesn’t come out on the list of pings. Also when I click on it. Nothing comes out in the bottom screen. 

DDFD8955-17FE-47B4-B281-E602D1555D53.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for that, I can reproduce it so I will pass it onto the team!

So is the router maybe not connecting me to that server? 

in geo filter I have it to connect me to Virginia. It shows that I am. Now though I’m wondering if I’m really not. Maybe I’m connecting to Miami without knowing. Since it’s telling me it’s the Virginia server. 

Any reason why I got under 30 Ping for a couple days and than it went away? I moved so didn’t have anything hooked up for over a week. When I hooked up in new place I had the good ping. Same ISP and modem. They had same service here. After the couple days my ping went to 40. Now it’s at 40 every day for over a month. I’m here in hopes that maybe something can be done to get it back? 

This thread went a little sideways with the geo filter problem. 

8 hours ago, Ernie said:

Any reason why I got under 30 Ping for a couple days and than it went away? I moved so didn’t have anything hooked up for over a week. When I hooked up in new place I had the good ping. Same ISP and modem. They had same service here. After the couple days my ping went to 40. Now it’s at 40 every day for over a month. I’m here in hopes that maybe something can be done to get it back? 

This thread went a little sideways with the geo filter problem. 

Where are you measuring this ping, is that in game or is that through some kind of network test?

If you connect directly to the ISP modem, does your ping go down to 30 or does it remain at 40?

5 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Where are you measuring this ping, is that in game or is that through some kind of network test?

If you connect directly to the ISP modem, does your ping go down to 30 or does it remain at 40?

On fifa it has a ping meter when entering a game. Under 30 ping you get full bars. so I was getting 5 bars with 20ish ping. This happened for a couple days. Now it’s 4 bars with 40 ping. So yes in game. 

i tired directly to modem. Ping was about the same. Strange my speed went under 100 when I speed tested when connected to modem. when it’s usually 400-500 when connected through router. I thought connecting straight to modem would get me better speed or at least the same