IPTV not working

vvvibu

Hello!
I've bought Netduma R2 router, currently running on DumaOS R2 3.0.394.
My issue is that I can't connect IPTV on my TV Box. It works fine on any other router, however on Netduma R2 it is stuck in infinite loop on login screen: I input my login number and pin and it brings me back to the same login screen. When connected on another router, I don't even get that login screen and just go to TV content without any problems. 
Has anyone got the same problem? Could you please help me with steps I should take and what settings on my Netduma R2 router should I change to fix this IPTV issue?
Thank you in advance!

2 hours ago, diafanos said:

I guess you have a Samsung TV. I have the same issue. The only thing that works is to disable QOS. 

Disabling QOS doesn't help. Yes I have Samsung TV, but IPTV goes to smart TV box and not directly to TV, so I don't think TV is the issue here.

1 hour ago, vvvibu said:

Disabling QOS doesn't help. Yes I have Samsung TV, but IPTV goes to smart TV box and not directly to TV, so I don't think TV is the issue here.

Welcome to the forum!

How did you disable QoS? Could you please try by ticking 'Disable QoS' in the three-line menu in Congestion Control?

8 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Welcome to the forum!

How did you disable QoS? Could you please try by ticking 'Disable QoS' in the three-line menu in Congestion Control?

I've done that, it doesn't help.
 image.png.fa8f74dfa7891d772b894bb8ae50d736.png

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is the IPTV service you're using? Do you know if they require anything specific such as VLAN?

My IP Set-Top box model is Arris VIP5305. My ISP is Telia LT.  I have found that it requires VLAN ID 6 for IPTV. When I change VLAN ID to 6 and enable it in WAN settings on my Netduma R2 my IPTV box logins automatically (no login screen anymore) and shows TV channels list, but all channels are just black screens. Also on VLAN ID 6 I loose internet connection on all other devices as VLAN ID 6 is only for IPTV and not internet connection.

How do I set VLAN ID 6 only for one LAN port on my router (for example port 4)? 

Looking online this seems to be a common problem with your ISP and other  manufacturers.

I think the best solution in the meantime would be to keep the IPTV connected to the ISP modem/router if possible, all other devices can still go through the R2 and DumaOS will still have sufficient control over the network.

On 2/24/2022 at 4:06 AM, diafanos said:

I guess you have a Samsung TV. I have the same issue. The only thing that works is to disable QOS. 

I've been working with the team on fixing this issue. It's been an absolute pain in the neck. We've been inching ever closer for the last couple weeks.

The team has been absolutely amazing spending hours with me trying to fix it. This is why I love the team at NetDuma. It's a smaller issue that affects a handful of people or more and they're working on it diligently. Hopefully they get it nailed down soon. 

On 2/25/2022 at 4:43 PM, Netduma Liam said:

Looking online this seems to be a common problem with your ISP and other  manufacturers.

I think the best solution in the meantime would be to keep the IPTV connected to the ISP modem/router if possible, all other devices can still go through the R2 and DumaOS will still have sufficient control over the network.

I haven't ordered a new router from my ISP for my new location, as I was planning to only use NetDuma R2. So I wouldn't say that buying one more router from my ISP would be the best solution.

I have managed to get my IPTV working on very old (like 10 years old) TP-Link WR1043ND V1.8 running on OpenWrt firmware (it's alternative to stock router firmware). Also I've found guides how to make it work on other firmware, such as Tomato, Asus Merlin, DDWRT and Ubiquiti. Can't find any configurations for DumaOS on that :(

Maybe there is a way to get same configurations on DumaOS as on OpenWrt or other alternative firmware?

Below is an example of configurations on OpenWrt used to get IPTV running:

config interface 'loopback'
option ifname 'lo'
option proto 'static'
option ipaddr '127.0.0.1'
option netmask '255.0.0.0'

config interface 'lan'
option ifname 'eth0.2'
option type 'bridge'
option proto 'static'
option ipaddr '192.168.1.1'
option netmask '255.255.255.0'

config interface 'wan'
option ifname 'eth0.1'
option proto 'dhcp'
option peerdns '0'
option dns '8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4'

config interface 'iptv'
option ifname 'eth0.6'
option proto 'static'
option ipaddr '10.10.99.99'
option netmask '255.255.0.0'
option gateway '10.218.255.254'
option defaultroute '0'
option peerdns '0'

config switch
option name 'rtl8366rb'
option reset '1'
option enable_vlan '1'
option enable_vlan4k '1'

config switch_vlan
option device 'rtl8366rb'
option vlan '1'
option ports '0 5t'

config switch_vlan
option vlan '2'
option ports '1 2 3 5t'

config switch_vlan
option vlan '6'
option ports '0t 4 5t'

config route
option interface 'iptv'
option target '224.0.0.0'
option netmask '240.0.0.0'
option gateway '0.0.0.0'

option ipaddr ‘10.10.99.99’
option netmask ‘255.255.0.0’
option gateway ‘10.218.255.254’

config switch_vlan
option device ‘rtl8366rb’
option vlan ‘1’
option ports ‘0 5t’

config switch_vlan
option vlan ‘2’
option ports ‘1 2 3 5t’

config switch_vlan
option vlan ‘6’
option ports ‘0t 4 5t’

9 hours ago, vvvibu said:

I haven't ordered a new router from my ISP for my new location, as I was planning to only use NetDuma R2. So I wouldn't say that buying one more router from my ISP would be the best solution.

I have managed to get my IPTV working on very old (like 10 years old) TP-Link WR1043ND V1.8 running on OpenWrt firmware (it's alternative to stock router firmware). Also I've found guides how to make it work on other firmware, such as Tomato, Asus Merlin, DDWRT and Ubiquiti. Can't find any configurations for DumaOS on that :(

Maybe there is a way to get same configurations on DumaOS as on OpenWrt or other alternative firmware?

Below is an example of configurations on OpenWrt used to get IPTV running:

Ah ok, my apologies I assumed you had the old router still.

It wouldn't be possible to add these configurations through the DumaOS interface I'm afraid. However, as LagFix mentions, we are currently working on the issue and hope to have resolved it very soon. Once done that should then be working for you too.

• 1 month later...
On 2/25/2022 at 5:35 PM, LagFix said:

I've been working with the team on fixing this issue. It's been an absolute pain in the neck. We've been inching ever closer for the last couple weeks.

The team has been absolutely amazing spending hours with me trying to fix it. This is why I love the team at NetDuma. It's a smaller issue that affects a handful of people or more and they're working on it diligently. Hopefully they get it nailed down soon. 

Hello!
Have you made any progress on this issue?

• Administrators
On 4/20/2022 at 12:50 PM, vvvibu said:

Hello!
Have you made any progress on this issue?

@Netduma Kacperhas been looking into this issue and has been making a lot of progress, we've asked him to provide an update on the status when he is able to so will get back to you as soon as possible.

• 2 months later...
On 4/21/2022 at 5:26 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

@Netduma Kacperhas been looking into this issue and has been making a lot of progress, we've asked him to provide an update on the status when he is able to so will get back to you as soon as possible.

hey! have you made any progress on this issue yet? it's been months

• Administrators

Sorry for the wait, I have spoken to the team and they have assured me they're still looking into it, unfortunately there have been other issues they have had to focus more time on so we've not progressed forward as much as we would have liked to. It is 100% still on our radar and we will get it sorted as soon as we can.