Reducing hops to the game server

Max2110

Unfortunately that’s down to peering and not something you can alter. There are services available that claim to lower pings through peering contracts which may lower them but and a VPN may increase your travel time depending on service.

Are you using PingPlotter to look at the hops?

4 hours ago, Newfie said:

Unfortunately that’s down to peering and not something you can alter. There are services available that claim to lower pings through peering contracts which may lower them but and a VPN may increase your travel time depending on service.

Are you using PingPlotter to look at the hops?

Yes I am. Do you know of any services I could use? 

• Administrators

I responded in your other topic but I'll post what I said here, basically echos Newfie and I've closed the other post so it can be continued here.

"Hops to a server isn't anything a router can help with, this depends on the routing from the ISP, you could try talking with them but it is unlikely you'll get anywhere. In some cases a VPN can help if they have better routing so maybe something to try but those are your only two options unfortunately."

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, Max2110 said:

I've tried express VPN and my ping fluctuates so much. I'm on the hybrid VPN. 

That is what can happen with a VPN - given what you're trying to do I would suggest you choose a VPN server very close to you to reduce the ping and you may still benefit from improved routing