geo-filter: connecting to blocked servers.

hi. was wondering if anyone could explain why i connect to servers outside the geofilter range? the servers in question are shown with a triangle, so they are blocked, but nevertheless they are the host connection!!

Hi, im playing warzone. yes there is only one icon on the map while playing a game (the auto-pinged icon). when the game loads in, it pings every server and shows the server in the radius as not blocked and all other outside of it  'blocked' (triangle icon), but when i start matchmaking it just connects to a server that is not within the radius. i have tried removing the playstation and re adding it etc. i did a factory reset also; but that didnt work either. other games seem to work with it; i.e. will block servers outside the radius;

i have noticed also that servers inside the radius that i have blocked are not really blocked at all, but are given another id so as to connect to them. for instance in a radius of 350 miles of the uk i had (until i deleted them) 20+ servers all with slightly different id's. these were predominately servers in the netherlands. i wanted to allow a certain netherlands server so i allowed it and gave it a name; but it has never connected to it again.

• Administrators

Please provide a screenshot of what you're seeing on the Geo-Filter when you appear to be connected to a server outside your radius - make sure the map is zoomed out fully.

There are many servers clustered in one location which is why they can appear with different IDs. Manually allowing a server doesn't guarantee a connection to it but if your Geo-Filter settings were to normally block it then it can be allowed.

11 hours ago, lupus said:

filtering mode is enabled!

Have you added anything to your Allow and Deny list? 

Please also complete the following:

• Close the game client completely
  • Remove your device from Geo-filter
  • Go to the three-line menu in the top left of the Geo-filter map and click 'Flush cloud'
  • Wait two minutes
  • Re-add your device to Geo-filter using the manual option
  • Reboot the game

On 2/16/2022 at 11:31 AM, Netduma Liam said:

• Go to the three-line menu in the top left of the Geo-filter map and click 'Flush cloud'
  • Wait two minutes
  • Reboot the game

thanks i will try this!

On 2/16/2022 at 11:31 AM, Netduma Liam said:

• Wait two minutes
  • Reboot the game

CRAZY!!! it worked!! i did all this before except wait for 2 minutes  (im too impatient lol) thanks for your help and Fraser! cant believe the quick responses from you guys!!!! problem is, im now gonna bother you with every little question i have haha!!!

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, lupus said:

CRAZY!!! it worked!! i did all this before except wait for 2 minutes  (im too impatient lol) thanks for your help and Fraser! cant believe the quick responses from you guys!!!! problem is, im now gonna bother you with every little question i have haha!!!

Great to hear that, haha that's what we're here for!