Discord and websites loading issue

gazdude

Got a really strange problem with my R2 (3.0.94) and iPhone 13 - with QOS enabled I can't access Discord (just shows as loading - no message displayed) or certain websites.

If I totally turn off QOS (QOS menu, then the drop down and select deactivate QOS) then there are no issues - it seems to only affect my iPhone as well! Other devices in the house seem fine with Discord and websites.

Any ideas?

Thanks Fraser!

I tried turning QOS back on, went to the Adblocker tab and it was showing as disabled anyway. Tried enabling and disabling just to be sure.

Unfortunately it causes the issue to appear again :( 

No sir, I've got geo-filtering off (or at least no devices added to that menu)

Seems really strange! I tried disabling private mode on the iPhone, I think this is where it changes the mac address randomly and also tried assigning a fixed IP on DHCP but it still has the same issue.

On Traffic Prioritization I've set 'DumaOS Classified Games' and 'Work at Home' to off and reset the bandwidth allocation section above it as well.

Still no joy. Only way to get it working is to fully disable QOS.

Zman1156 - yep discord and websites work fine on other PCs and laptops in the house, just this iPhone with QOS turned on. Tried resetting network settings and even factory reset and restore and same issue. I tested on someone else's wifi and it worked fine :(

Fraser - tried disabling port scan protection and syn flood protection and still experiencing the same issues. Really has me stumped this one!

• Administrators
1 hour ago, gazdude said:

Got that turned off already - think I did it when I thought it was my phone which was the problem.

Just to double check - Private Relay is different to Private Addresses which is also an option on the phone when connected to the WiFi - both should be disabled to see if they affect it

yep both off, private wifi seems to give you a random mac address so was one of the first things I tried.

Just tried setting the iPhone to 'computer' in the network monitor tab and that didn't do anything with QOS enabled.

This is the same problem I have on my iPhone 12 Pro. Discord fails to load messages when on the R2’s WiFi. Sometimes Discord will work for a while though, but then it will stop working for hours/days again. I’ll follow this topic in case you find a solution. I’ve tried a variety of the things already mentioned and didn’t have any results either.

• Administrators

Has any port forwarding been done or DMZ, is UPnP disabled etc? If no to all could you try putting the device in question in the DMZ very briefly for a test, once you confirm either way take it out of the DMZ immediately and let us know please.

No port forwarding, UPnP is enabled and I can see my Plex server in there.

I tried putting the iPhone in the DMZ, QoS turned on and discord is a no, but one of the websites I can't usually access seems to work intermittently if I keep hammering refresh - teslamotorsclub.com

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, gazdude said:

That seems to have done the trick! QoS on - traffic controller allowing all traffic on iPhone and it seems fine.

I'm guessing it will be fine to leave as this?

Appreciate your help Fraser!

Ahh brilliant! Yes it's fine to leave it as it is. I suspect what QoS was dropping packets it deemed unnecessary which just so happened to be required for Discord. 

• Administrators
17 hours ago, The0dark0one said:

This is the same problem I have on my iPhone 12 Pro. Discord fails to load messages when on the R2’s WiFi. Sometimes Discord will work for a while though, but then it will stop working for hours/days again. I’ll follow this topic in case you find a solution. I’ve tried a variety of the things already mentioned and didn’t have any results either.

Make sure to try the above and let us know if it fixes it for you also!