Fixing Unprioritized packets

Pretty sure I just found the issue. How can I fix this poor signal I’m getting on my WiFi. It’s causing crazy packet loss. I looked up the device 10.0.0.5 and that’s a IPhone and the other device is my TV. what's causing the poor signal on my devices over Wi-Fi? 

Could this be the issue with the unprioritized packets I'm seeing on network status in dumaOS?

794B8B35-F045-41E3-8C2C-8C6C71518C43.jpeg

2C105831-703F-438E-A001-2E18923B53BC.jpeg

• Administrators

Are you testing from the device to the router there? In which case it's better to test to an actual server. Also WiFi is inherently more unstable than ethernet and there can be many variables that make it better or worse, try some of these suggestions:

• Use a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channel and change to that
  • Ensure it's in an elevated position - not on a metal surface
  • Ensure there aren't any electrical / wireless devices e.g headphones etc within close proxity ~3 feet if possible
  • Set the antennae to this position _ | | _

I'm using pingplotter sidekick. It monitors the network for like 24 days and shows you 24/7 stats on router,modem,wifi and dns you can check whenever. Pretty cool tool for network issues. Only issue I see is on the wifi side. sometimes it's just showing 100% packetloss and bad signals 

I changed to channel 3, that's what the wifi analyzer scanner told me was best for the 2.4ghz channel

100% packet loss is either the client is off or you would fail to see a connection made. 
Were either of these clients off or in sleep mode or did you see at the times indicated a drop in connection?

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/pingplotter/id983793899

Can you try this on your iPhone and run it like you do on your PC as well as Frasers question above. I believe this is a cloud based service with sidekick.

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is the target that it is using to gather that data?

I believe it's targeting 10.0.0.5

2 hours ago, Newfie said:

100% packet loss is either the client is off or you would fail to see a connection made. 
Were either of these clients off or in sleep mode or did you see at the times indicated a drop in connection?

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/pingplotter/id983793899

Can you try this on your iPhone and run it like you do on your PC as well as Frasers question above. I believe this is a cloud based service with sidekick.

I will do that test on the phone, but I'm sure the 100 signal loss is the phone being off the connection but why is the RTT latency so high on devices over wifi? it's always 100+

5 hours ago, Kwee said:

I believe it's targeting 10.0.0.5

I will do that test on the phone, but I'm sure the 100 signal loss is the phone being off the connection but why is the RTT latency so high on devices over wifi? it's always 100+

I think finding out what the target is may be the answer to why this test is showing those results. The RTT is the round trip time so it’s the time from being sent from client to being returned from the source back to the client.
there’s also 802.11mc which in very basic terms is a location of client and is WiFi RTT but needs supported clients both ways but that’s not what PingPlotter is measuring.

what devices and at what times are you seeing a high reading?

What channels are these clients on ie.2.4Ghz or 5Ghz and are they roaming between the 2 or on preset channels?

Do you have any extenders or is it just the single router?

It could be again that the client is asleep/power save or interference causing an internal high reading but I don’t know if PingPlotter is using an external server or your PC. It could be a client that’s causing a delay or increasing the duty cycle over your WiFi so for that test you could try taking all but one client off the network and monitor. 

How many other networks are around you ie. When you checked with your WiFi analyser?

here’s the fun part a client used to check nearby neighbouring channels may not show as many compared to what your router sees. It can be significantly higher plus as we know routers can change channels. Then there are other types of interference like EMI.

Theres also the accuracy of the test, knowing precisely how it’s being tested would help. 

pingplotter sidekick targets current device, your router, secondary device (wifi device), google dns and cloudflare dns

single router no extenders 

I'm not having any issues with my wifi just thought those latency numbers seemed high on pingplotter. I'm having no lag  gaming on other devices over wifi. I use LAN on the main computer.  Trying to get  Received unprioritized packets to 0 like Transmitted packets. I can't seem to find a fix for this issue.  

I'm not seeing any packet loss from pingplotter sidekick after running for hours on current device and router, so that's why I'm confused on why it's showing packet loss on received packets on DumaOS. 

6 hours ago, Kwee said:

pingplotter sidekick targets current device, your router, secondary device (wifi device), google dns and cloudflare dns

single router no extenders 

I'm not having any issues with my wifi just thought those latency numbers seemed high on pingplotter. I'm having no lag  gaming on other devices over wifi. I use LAN on the main computer.  Trying to get  Received unprioritized packets to 0 like Transmitted packets. I can't seem to find a fix for this issue.  

I'm not seeing any packet loss from pingplotter sidekick after running for hours on current device and router, so that's why I'm confused on why it's showing packet loss on received packets on DumaOS. 

Fraser or Liam can help more on the side of Duma. 

my advice is when you are testing how would you verify the results. On sidekick testing internal latency for me is very hard to say their results are accurate, iperf may give a better result but in general it may be their side is not accurate and the tolerance is not given. We just don’t know so the figures are taken as a rough guide. 
It’s very hard to nail down issues over WiFi but my thoughts are if you are not noticing issues then it’s working as intended. It’s when say you notice Interruptions or slow performance then you need to dig in to see why and then that’s the next fun part.

• Administrators

If you're not having any issues with lag per se then the Unprioritized packets are likely those that QoS deemed could be dropped for whatever reason, technically packets not reaching their destination would be packet loss but if packets can be dropped to speed up the connection or for whatever reason they would be deemed as unprioritized so I'd say you won't need to worry unless that number becomes significant and you start seeing issues along side it