Setup Question

CrossFitKila717

Hey all,

I see alot on Static IP, DNS and DMZ here……

I have Spectrum 400/20, Modem-R2-Asus (handling WiFi only), and at most, wife is steaming a Netflix movie while playing. Very little activity bandwidth wise. 

What if any would be the benefit of inputting any of these from the console (Xbox series X), into the R2?

Also, is there any benefit to inputting “lower” speeds, say 25 down / 5 up, into my setup speeds, versus my true speeds and just throttling through CC sliders?

On the forever, elusive search of “consistent” hit registration?! 😈💪🏼

• Administrators

I would say its better to enter your speeds then throttle down as you can then just set it to Auto Enable so it just applies when gaming, otherwise you'd have to change your speeds back every time when not gaming. DMZ essentially passes all traffic straight through to the device, if you have an Open NAT already then there isn't much need to do that. Some people have experimented with setting a very low MTU and have had some interesting results so something to try perhaps.

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, CrossFitKila717 said:

How does the MTU option work?

There is a discussion about it here: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/37104-warzone-lag-the-usual-shoot-first-die-first/?do=findComment&comment=319075

and I've responded about why it may help at the top of the next page

23 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

There is a discussion about it here: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/37104-warzone-lag-the-usual-shoot-first-die-first/?do=findComment&comment=319075

and I've responded about why it may help at the top of the next page

So, under network settings and WAN, I turned MTU on (slider was off).  I manually entered 750. That’s it???

Also, is there supposed to be something in MAC Clone Address??? There’s one in there but was thinking it should be blank since I’m not cloning anything? 

I rebooted after this as well.