QOS and congestion control question

Right now congestion control is at 70% down and 70% up. So when I stop playing will my network be getting the speeds as if the sliders are at 100% or do I need to adjust the sliders back to 100% after I'm done and put them back before I start a game? Also, how do I know if 70/70 is any good? The xr500 doesnt have the option to automatically set it so how can I figure that out? Thanks

When it’s on and set to 70% it will always hold that regardless of what you are doing so if you have a modest isp package like I do it will help to keep your network flowing if you are downloading and watching movies. 

many use PingPlotter to adjust their settings. The idea is to saturate your connection the best you can and watch what happens and then adjust accordingly.

• Administrators

You could use Auto Enable/When High Priority Traffic Detected and then it will essentially go back to 100% when not gaming but as above depending on your usage could be good to allow it all the time. 

Good advice above, here is a guide: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping

Would I be able to use the speed test from the xr500? My ping under load is always at a B. The other 2 are A+. So I should leave congestion control to on all the time and play around with the sliders and see if I can get ping under load to A+?

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, AlexType-R said:

Would I be able to use the speed test from the xr500? My ping under load is always at a B. The other 2 are A+. So I should leave congestion control to on all the time and play around with the sliders and see if I can get ping under load to A+?

We're still improving the results on Benchmark so I would say for the moment that using PingPlotter along with the guide and advice above would be more accurate

19 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We're still improving the results on Benchmark so I would say for the moment that using PingPlotter along with the guide and advice above would be more accurate

Ok so I basically start a test with nothing running in the background and see what that gives me and then test again but playing hd videos from netflix and youtube? When i set the sliders on congestion control do i need to reset the modem everytime?  Thanks

• Administrators
38 minutes ago, AlexType-R said:

Ok so I basically start a test with nothing running in the background and see what that gives me and then test again but playing hd videos from netflix and youtube? When i set the sliders on congestion control do i need to reset the modem everytime?  Thanks

No it applies automatically so set it then look at the graph and see how much it affects the results, you want the results with Congestion Control on while doing Netflix etc to be as close to possible as the results without anything happening