Can't get full speeds on my XR700 router with Dumos 3.0_6?

I can't get full speeds on my UPLOAD once i have DumaOS 3.0_6 installed, I have 1 gig up and 1 gig down.

on Wireless speed test I get 700+ down and 300 or less upload with DumOS 3.0_6 installed.

Once I rolled back to the older version I had, it goes back to 700+ down and 600+ upload via wirless.

So I tried again installed the DumaOS 3.0_6, and again....Back to the 700 download and 300 or less upload. I loose like 300 upload speed.

I turned off QoS as per your suggestions via the 3 line drop down, and it has no affect on changing the speeds, still 700 down and 300 up.

Something is affecting the UPLOAD speeds with 3.0_6 installed.....I love this version but want my full upload speeds any suggestions?

Thanks so much.

Jim

Welcome to the forum!

Have you factory reset the XR700 since upgrading firmware? I'd suggest doing so as it clears out low level code left over from the previous firmware. This frequently solves bizarre problems such as this.

Can you confirm whether you require PPPoE, VLAN or DHCP identifiers for you connection?

Thank you. Love this router and LOVE DumaOS 3.0!!  But the only issues I had was with R-Apps failing before. This 3.0_6 has totally solved that issue.

Back to your questions, Yes I have reset back to factor before I installed the New Firmware. And it makes no difference. I can literately install the older firmware V1.0.1.34 and as far back as even V1.0.1.20 Firmware versions and both do the same thing... once restarted and up and running bam...my upload speed is back to fast normal speeds.

That is the only problem, I loose upload speed. If I use another router, It is perfect fast download and upload speeds, if I pug that router into my XR700 and connect to it via wifi the upload speed on that router drops to the 300s. It something affecting the upload only.

I am not required a PPPoe, VLan or DHCP for my connections.  I also have the DHCP box checked that says "Use Router as DHCP Server"

Thanks for your feedback!

Understood, my recommendation however would be to factory reset after installing the new firmware, not before.

Assuming that doesn't resolve the problem, let's gather some more info. How are you testing the speeds? Are you using a third-party speed-test or are you using the in-built Connection Benchmark?

If you run a Connection Benchmark, is it also reporting the lower upload speeds?

Can you confirm what the make and model of your modem is?

Thanks for your help. When I installed it, I did the factory reset afterwards as per the directions. I will try it again. Just in case to test.

I am testing via SPEEDTEST app on my computer and also SPEEDTEST app on my phone. It is when I test with wifi...As I said without the Dumaos 3.0_6 Firmware and using last standard firmwares all (past various version tested)...it is perfect speeds.

I have attached the Connection Benchmark image, it show lower upload speeds.

My Router: NIGHTHAWK PRO  - NetGear XR700-100NAS

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 10.34.44 AM.png

• Administrators

This version is the first beta version enabled so it may just be a bug on this version that we'll need to resolve. You said it's wireless that has the issue so are you receiving full speeds over ethernet? Set the antennae like this _ | | _, do you have the router placed on metal or around wireless/electrical devices? I assume you're using 5GHz specifically to test?

My Ethernet connected computer is better but not as much as I usually get with older firmware. Now I  am reaching 755 mbps down & 748 mbps up.  I have reached 940 up and 928 up in past.

I set the antennas as you suggested, no better, I have the router placed on a wooden Cabinet, no metals around it or other wireless devices or electrical devices.

I feel it is a bug, unfortunately. As I said I can rollback to older version. and Speeds are perfect. But I have the oh so famous R-Apps not loading all the time. I tried all the suggestion and nothing has ever fixed it. But this beta 3.0_6 did the trick...NEVER any R-App not loading but dealing with a little loss of upload...HA Ha....so I hope you can use the info I have provided to help fix any issues....I have thought of buying a Netduma R2, but this router is so amazing other than these issues. Not sure if Netduma is a better choice...any suggestions?

• Administrators

Are there quite a lot of wireless networks in your area? You could use a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channel and then change to that and it would improve. If WiFi speed is what you're concerned with then the R2 wouldn't be suitable for you unfortunately, however you could use the R2 as the main router, downgrade the XR700 and use that in AP mode to get full WiFi speeds and have the R2 support those devices also.

Thanks, Yes, I am in a neighborhood with individual homes with several wifi's around me and I have used the wifi analyzer and changed the channels to the best ones less congested, no different, there is something I think in the programing somewhere, as I said, I can go upload the newest firmware for this router and bam....once it restarts all my settings are exactly the same....just different firmware is different and my speeds are fast and uploads are up on the 700's on wifi, I did this Sunday night to test....crazy bug in there....thanks for your help.