DHCP issue - Lease

Hi! I'm having this DHCP issue twice now. It seems that reserving the IP adress, and change to .50 doesn't work in long term. Before this issue started to occure, which previous firmwares didn't have this issue? I don't want to refund this router, I really do love the router, but the DHCP issues is a real router breaking bug. 

19 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Testing my memory here but you could try .40 or .32, I don't seem to recall the issue on those specifically

There is info about .50 in all over the places, here and Netgear.com.

So you are telling me that .50 was the wrong one all the time????

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, Comp0za_ said:

Oh, okey, sorry about that. But is it safe to revert, considering the latest security fixes isn't in the previous firmwares?? 

In terms of downgrading its fine but regarding the security fixes I can't indicate either way really, that's up to you if you're willing to risk it. 

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

In terms of downgrading its fine but regarding the security fixes I can't indicate either way really, that's up to you if you're willing to risk it. 

Oki. Mean while, I have disabled DHCP instead and manually put internet connection to all my devices. Hopefully, this will resolve the issue.

• 3 weeks later...

soo far, I haven't experienced disconnection. But I have one question. The Logs seems to reset withing 12 hours, or maybe 24 hours, (you could correct me), so I wonder why it does like that?

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, Comp0za_ said:

soo far, I haven't experienced disconnection. But I have one question. The Logs seems to reset withing 12 hours, or maybe 24 hours, (you could correct me), so I wonder why it does like that?

Great news! Usually it only occurs after a reboot, does the uptime reset after the log resets as well?

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I can't see anything internally about this, it may be something on the NG side - does it also clear in the logs in Settings? It may be clearing out automatically to preserve memory

Yes, in the settings as well. Oh well, okie.

The better strategy for this is actually keeping DHCP active next to your fixed pool.

Ie I have fixed IP's for everything that is fixed like PC's and so on. But you want a small range for devices that cannot set fixed IP's or guests etc.

Just means the fixed adresses you assign.

Say for instance you have the following:

DHCP:

192.168.1.20-49

Fixed:

PC's: 192.168.1.100-109

Servers: 192.168.1.110-119

Media devices: 192.168.1.120-129

IoT: 192.168.1.130-159

If you are using fixed adresses you have to keep track of what you put where to avoid internal conflicts. That's why a small DHCP pool for temporary devices is handy. Also nowadays some devices especially IoT will come without the option to set a fixed IP so you will have to do that through your router's DHCP reservation function.

• 3 weeks later...