Router won’t let my second console connect to online servers at all

I’ve factory reset my router and not even touched the geofilter at all not moved the home location or anything and only one of my consoles can connect to online cod servers. My other console fails every time and says online service is unavailable. I’ve had this problem so many times and I’m beyond frustrated with it. If I haven’t even touched the geofilter why am I ever having problems connecting to online? Makes no sense. Somebody help me solve this problem for good please?

• Administrators

If you haven't touched the Geo-Filter and one works and the other doesn't then there shouldn't be a setting specifically causing it, is it possible the other console was banned? If you connect said console to your ISP modem/router can it connect?

No it hasn’t been banned at all. It’s my sister’s console and she doesn’t play all the time but when she does it doesn’t let her console online. It did yesterday just fine but now not today. My ISP modem is in bridge mode currently. 

8 hours ago, Mitchell317 said:

No it hasn’t been banned at all. It’s my sister’s console and she doesn’t play all the time but when she does it doesn’t let her console online. It did yesterday just fine but now not today. My ISP modem is in bridge mode currently. 

At what point is it failing, when searching for a game? Or can you not even get that far?

Does the second console report a Strict NAT type?

No we can’t even get that far. Load up the game, go to multiplayer and it doesn’t connect to online service. Just fails every time. And no, no strict nat. Modem is in bridge mode and I have UPNP enabled or at least I think because of the visual bug I can’t tell. NAT filtering even set to open and it still doesn’t let us on. 

10 hours ago, Mitchell317 said:

No we can’t even get that far. Load up the game, go to multiplayer and it doesn’t connect to online service. Just fails every time. And no, no strict nat. Modem is in bridge mode and I have UPNP enabled or at least I think because of the visual bug I can’t tell. NAT filtering even set to open and it still doesn’t let us on. 

Could you please disconnect the consoles, then go to Device Manager in the DumaOS interface. Click and delete all devices that are having issues.

Then, power on the consoles one at a time and after they've loaded up, connect the ethernet cable and configure the network settings. Let us know if you're still getting the same issue.

I tried all of that and it still doesn’t let my other console connect to the cod servers every day when my sister turns her console on. Every time she tries it says can’t connect. I’ve tried everything. 

What's the exact make and model of your modem?

If it's a router/modem combo, could you please try taking it out of modem mode, then disable it's Wi-Fi. Find it's DMZ settings and put the XR1000's WAN IP in the DMZ, then reserve this IP for the XR1000 so it doesn't change in future.

After that, reboot the XR1000 and re-test the consoles.

I have the white xb7 gateway from Xfinity cable. So I shouldn’t be putting it in bridge mode? Yes it’s a modem/router combo that’s why I’ve always put it in bridge mode. Figured that was my best option with the xr1000. 

I have the white xb7 gateway from Xfinity cable. So I shouldn’t be putting it in bridge mode? Yes it’s a modem/router combo that’s why I’ve always put it in bridge mode. Figured that was my best option with the xr1000. 

It depends really, on some routers/ISPs the bridge or modem mode can be a bit hit or miss, particularly here in the UK. The DMZ is in my opinion a better alternative, I'd definitely suggest giving it a try.

Ok I believe I have it figured out. I set a reserved IP for my XR on my gateway’s login page and then on dumaOS I set it to static IP for that reserved address. Does that sound correct? Put that IP in the DMZ on my gateway as well. Reboot all after that or just XR?

21 minutes ago, Mitchell317 said:

Ok I believe I have it figured out. I set a reserved IP for my XR on my gateway’s login page and then on dumaOS I set it to static IP for that reserved address. Does that sound correct? Put that IP in the DMZ on my gateway as well. Reboot all after that or just XR?

You don't need to configure the static IP on both sides but that's fine! Sounds like you've got it right, rebooting just the XR should do the trick.

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, Mitchell317 said:

Oh okay I didn’t know if I had to or not just wanted to be sure it would work right. Just sucks having to do this kind of complicated thing when I wish it would just work right from the beginning but oh well. 

Now you've done that you don't need to touch it again, has that resolved the issue now?