My netduma r2 router won't appear on the connections list for wifi

Jacolite

16 hours ago, Jacolite said:

What the title says my router won't appear on the wifi list even though a couple of weeks prior it was working fine.

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear this, are the Wi-Fi lights illuminated on the R2? 

If you reboot the R2 by unplugging the power cable for a few minutes, then reconnect it, are you then able to see the Wi-Fi network?

10 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear this, are the Wi-Fi lights illuminated on the R2? 

If you reboot the R2 by unplugging the power cable for a few minutes, then reconnect it, are you then able to see the Wi-Fi network?

The first 2 lights turn on but I can't see it on my wifi list even after having it unplugged for 2 days.

10 hours ago, Jacolite said:

The first 2 lights turn on but I can't see it on my wifi list even after having it unplugged for 2 days.

If you connect a device to the R2 via ethernet, are you then able to open a web browser on that device and go to the DumaOS interface at 192.168.77.1?

On 1/5/2022 at 4:07 AM, Netduma Liam said:

If you connect a device to the R2 via ethernet, are you then able to open a web browser on that device and go to the DumaOS interface at 192.168.77.1?

Alright sorry for the very late reply forgot about this ok so the ethernet is not working at all. The lights keep turning off and on and my laptop says no no internet even though the router is connected to the internet provider.

16415264720525541874113430676522.jpg

• Administrators

Set a static IP on the PC with the following details

IP address: 192.168.77.100

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Default gateway: 192.168.77.1

If you're not sure how to do this, you can check this guide: https://kb.netgear.com/27476/How-do-I-set-a-static-IP-address-in-Windows then try accessing 192.168.77.1 please and see if it works.

On 1/7/2022 at 6:50 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Set a static IP on the PC with the following details

IP address: 192.168.77.100

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Default gateway: 192.168.77.1

If you're not sure how to do this, you can check this guide: https://kb.netgear.com/27476/How-do-I-set-a-static-IP-address-in-Windows then try accessing 192.168.77.1 please and see if it works.

Tried this it's not picking up anything. Is there supposed to be something typed into the dns server?