R2 + XR1000 AP MOde

CRarsenxL

I have my R2 has the main router and XR in AP mode. Like 30mins-1hr in, no QoS btw, the entire system freaks out and I get massive packet loss. It’s definitely something to do with the xr. Is AP mode bugged or soemtnjng? I mean it could be the R2, but I have tried both as main router and no issue. The issue is devices disconnecting and heavy packet loss

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

Where are you measuring the packet loss exactly? 

In the game, the entire network crashes. Like Wifi devices disconnect, and lan devices freak out. Could it be that I have stuff plugged into the XR LAN ports which is in AP mode? QoS is disbaled tho 

• Administrators

That shouldn't really affect it, they should all be getting an IP from the R2 - what firmware is the XR on? If it's the latest you could try a non 3.0 firmware - given it doesn't matter as it's in AP mode and see if it is more stable

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That shouldn't really affect it, they should all be getting an IP from the R2 - what firmware is the XR on? If it's the latest you could try a non 3.0 firmware - given it doesn't matter as it's in AP mode and see if it is more stable

I didn’t try the latest .58 but I will try when I get back. I know for sure .52 did not work 

• Administrators

I've not heard of anyone having issues with AP mode so far. Technically the XR won't be doing any routing - all the devices will get an IP address from the R2 so it's acting like a switch really so shouldn't be negatively impacted at all in that way.