R2 setup on Sky Broadband in UK

Ijb89

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Brilliant! Yes please do go through the wizard and complete that, see if you can get internet once that is done

Yes - I can get the internet fine both upstairs and downstairs, but still cannot access the DUMAOS using my PC upstairs. Do you think maybe it's the switch i've got, or should I try setting a new static IP to my PC upstairs like I've done with my laptop downstairs? If so, could you let me know what to put in the DNS and Alternative DNS fields please?

Thanks

42 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

First try with the same static IP details, if that doesn't work try without the switch. You don't need to put anything in for DNS but you can use 192.168.77.1 in if necessary

Yes - I've changed STATIC IP to the same details you sent earlier, and it works from here which is great. Will I have to set IP for each device then? What IP should I set for my laptop? 

Also in your experience, does it tend to cause a lot of issues if someone just gets rid of the Sky router and uses only the Netduma? 

My brother who works in IT said ideally you'd just take out the Sky router, or set it to Modem Only mode but apparently Sky routers don't have modem only mode so i'm not sure that's an option?

Thanks again for your help

• Administrators

You shouldn't have to no, did you by any chance disable DHCP on the R2? If so that may be what caused it. You can take it out and then use the guide from my first response in order to get it working direct with the R2. It's up to you though really, for me I like to have the ISP router there so I can use it as a back up if needed. 

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You shouldn't have to no, did you by any chance disable DHCP on the R2? If so that may be what caused it. You can take it out and then use the guide from my first response in order to get it working direct with the R2. It's up to you though really, for me I like to have the ISP router there so I can use it as a back up if needed. 

Ok noted - will have a mess around tomorrow and check how it’s going, but as far as I know I’ve not disabled anything at all. Thanks for the help by th way - appreciated 

On 1/2/2022 at 7:09 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Everything still working fine Fraser. Thanks again. One quick thing though - my 'devices' chart is all showing as 'unnamed device'.. is there any way I can see which these devices are without cross referencing the MAC addresses of each? There's 30 or so, which would be a long job to do manually

Also I'm seeing Warzone has the Nat Type as Strict now - could you confirm how I need to rectify this? I've looked quickly over the optimal settings guide but with my PC's IP being static, wasn't sure whether that guide applied to my setup?

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Ijb89 said:

Everything still working fine Fraser. Thanks again. One quick thing though - my 'devices' chart is all showing as 'unnamed device'.. is there any way I can see which these devices are without cross referencing the MAC addresses of each? There's 30 or so, which would be a long job to do manually

Also I'm seeing Warzone has the Nat Type as Strict now - could you confirm how I need to rectify this? I've looked quickly over the optimal settings guide but with my PC's IP being static, wasn't sure whether that guide applied to my setup?

I'll close this topic now as it's been resolved and will reply to these questions in your new topic momentarily.