Internet disconnects every 1 or 2 days

Kalido123

Hi Guy’s

I don’t know why but my R2 disconnects from the internet every day or two ? It’s very frustrating because when I play fifa it counts as a loss.

Any idea why this keeps happening?

it’s plugged into the virgin super hub three modem and it’s not being used for wifi as we have a mesh system doing that it’s simply just a router.

I lose connections on wireless and wired.

sometimes when I try to ping my net duma once it loses connection I get host is unreachable.

So I was able to yesterday because I rebooted it via the GUI. 

correct the hub is in modem mode and the R2 is on the latest version.

Any idea’s?

Normally I restart the router which is not ideal but yesterday I had to restart the modem too.

35 minutes ago, Kalido123 said:

So I was able to yesterday because I rebooted it via the GUI. 

correct the hub is in modem mode and the R2 is on the latest version.

Any idea’s?

Normally I restart the router which is not ideal but yesterday I had to restart the modem too.

OK, next time this occurs, could you please access the GUI and grab a copy of the log file. The log file is cleared if power is lost, so make sure you do this before rebooting.

Personally, I've found VM modem mode to be a little unreliable. I'd suggest taking it out of modem mode, disable the Wi-Fi and put the R2 in the VM DMZ.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Liam,

So this happened again today, I tried to ping the router I couldn't I got destination host unreachable which means it couldn't get to the device.

I also couldn't get into the GUI as it said it is taking to long to respond, I have the log file how would like me to provide it to you? The device seemed to reconnect after 20+ Minutes.

I didn't do that yet as it was working for a longer period, I would like to add that I am using a Mesh network system with the router.

The way it is connected is as follows:

VM (Modem Mode) -> NetDuma R2  then the Tenda Nova mesh network connected to the router.

Wifi is disabled on the Router as the Mesh network advertises it.

I would also like to point out, wired connections lose internet too.

log-1641466653417.txt

• Administrators

Thanks for the log, based on that I would suggest setting the hub in router mode and copy the WAN IP from the System Information page and put that in the hub DMZ and set it as static as well and see if it improves 

So I have reset the hub, copied the wan ip from the R2 and added it to the hub dmz.

I have also made that ip static on the hub.

so now I can’t browse to anything, the hub is doing dhcp and so is the R2? 

i have a mesh network as access points and that’s connected to the R2. 

i seem to be having dns issues?

This site can't be reached

www.google.com's server IP address could not be found.

Try: