Bad connection

Kim

I was just wondering ever since the r2 has been plugged in the connection hasn’t worked with anything in my house at all. I’ve had to unplug it so I actually have a connection.

it was a gift for my partner and he said he would like to return it whilst it doesn’t work.

is there anyone that can help?

Hey thank you 😊,

Yeah I completed the setup before he got home so I know it was definitely set up properly as I tested the internet.

The reason I got it was for his gaming and he said these are the problems he is having:

Cant join party chat on ps5
Only connects me to strict servers with terrible connection
Packet loss happens way to often 
Virgin media is better which says alot (We have a lot of problems with virgin media connection)

thank you for your help

2 hours ago, Kim said:

Hey thank you 😊,

Yeah I completed the setup before he got home so I know it was definitely set up properly as I tested the internet.

The reason I got it was for his gaming and he said these are the problems he is having:

Cant join party chat on ps5
Only connects me to strict servers with terrible connection
Packet loss happens way to often 
Virgin media is better which says alot (We have a lot of problems with virgin media connection)

thank you for your help

OK, have you got Geo-filter setup? I suspect the reason he's having trouble with party chat would be because Geo-filter is blocking the party chat server. In this case you'd need to watch the Geo-filter map while he's joining a party chat and click on the 'blocked' icon that appears, manually allow this and he should be able to party chat fine. 

When he mentions strict servers, is he having issues with NAT type? Does it the game report a moderate or strict NAT type for example?

Let me know, of course if you'd like to return the R2 as you mentioned you can send an email over to [email protected] and we can help with that. too.