XR1000 QOS

QOS on xr1000 is bugged. I've been having to factory reset it every day just to get it to work properly. Now factory resets aren't working so the router is pretty much useless. What is going on? Where is a firmware update? Honestly thinking about switching routers to another company if this doesn't get fixed. 

6 hours ago, toolhead96 said:

QOS on xr1000 is bugged. I've been having to factory reset it every day just to get it to work properly. Now factory resets aren't working so the router is pretty much useless. What is going on? Where is a firmware update? Honestly thinking about switching routers to another company if this doesn't get fixed. 

I've been having plenty of issues myself with this router. The most stable way, working for me... is to install 1.0.0.52 after factory reset.  Then, do all your settings

after that, simply upgrade to ver. 1.0.0.58. Hope it helps.

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

As above can you describe the issue you're having exactly? We can't resolve it without knowing more about what you're experiencing.

QOS is not working at all. I’ve used this router for a year with no issues. Suddenly it’s gone to crap.
I’m on PC, trying to play an online game. I have PC high priority traffic enabled (selected games console & gaming/voice with WAN selected) and I see the red light come on while I’m playing, but it is not taking priority over the other devices connected to the router. It is only getting the the congestion control speeds I set (70% on both) & I’m getting 900 ping & 20% packet loss in game where as before I was getting 27-40 ping & 0 packet loss. Now it is taking multiple factory resets for QOS to start working, and even then it only works for a couple of hours at most before having to repeat the process. It is quite annoying when you pay $300 for a router that doesn’t do it’s job. 

5 hours ago, Jackal235 said:

I've been having plenty of issues myself with this router. The most stable way, working for me... is to install 1.0.0.52 after factory reset.  Then, do all your settings

after that, simply upgrade to ver. 1.0.0.58. Hope it helps.

Thank you. I will try this & hope it works. 
Do you ever get the “JSON” or “this app has not yet loaded” errors? 

• Administrators

With the Traffic Prioritization setting you've added it will not allow you to get full speeds, so it would adhere to the Congestion Control percentages. How is the PC connected via ethernet or WiFi? Where are you measuring the ping & packet loss, on the Geo-Filter, in game, elsewhere? What does the Geo-Filter say? Wait 2 minutes after a reboot or reset before accessing otherwise those errors are more likely to occur.