Packet loss after factory reset modem

Hi,

Like others on this forum I have had issues with my internet cutting out when using the XR500. Usually at the same time every day, which (I suspect) points to the DHCP Lease Change as the culprit. Like an idiot I tried a few things which I thought might help even though I have almost zero knowledge of networks and routers. Sadly one of those things was disabling the modem as a DHCP server because I thought the modem and XR500 might be conflicting. This had the unfortunate result of there being no internet in the house when it was time for a lease change. I forgot that the router is also being assigned an IP by the modem... I was also unable to access the portal of the modem through my browser which forced me to do a factory reset on the router. This solved the issue and led me to believe that I was in the clear.

This is not the case. Ever since the factory reset I have had major packet loss. It shows in the "Connection Benchmark" (see below) but also in the main menu of Apex Legends, see also below. Most likely there is packet loss because there were some settings in the Modem which were required for the XR500 to work properly which got removed with the factory reset. In fact, I remember when I bought the Netduma R1 I was asked for access to my modem so some settings could be changed so everything would work. However, I rarely visit the portal of my modem and I have absolutely no clue what the "right" settings were. Meaning, I can't just apply the settings as they were previously and return everything to how it was.

Can anyone help?

Thank you.

image.thumb.png.7d1af9f92583982863436af402578627.png

image.thumb.png.dab849386b8b4dedda95a0d92579fdde.png

The modem is a Ubee EVW3200. 

Netduma did. I needed to check a box in my settings to allow remote access to my router/modem, I seem to recall.

I reset the modem last night, the following is a speed test of this morning:

image.thumb.png.515209f426396beb5be2126431790077.png

4 hours ago, Nicator- said:

The modem is a Ubee EVW3200. 

Netduma did. I needed to check a box in my settings to allow remote access to my router/modem, I seem to recall.

I reset the modem last night, the following is a speed test of this morning:

Could you please follow the below guide to test where exactly the packet loss is occurring?

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping

Send over the results of the Ping Plotter test and we can see a little more information as to what might be causing the problem.

Hi Liam,

Thanks for helping out. Does the below help you?

image.thumb.png.59774eb389222eed7cc0c273ea40b61a.png

For you information, this is the graph after plugging the ethernet cable from the modem directly into my PC, rather than in the XR500 (and from the XR500 to the PC):

image.thumb.png.182800f6ee768e54a7d3da89462902f7.png

Edited by Nicator-

Hi,

I have now used a local news website, rather than Google. I have made two plots. 

The first one is the modem wired directly to my PC with an ethernet cable.

image.thumb.png.59c50abc0b3637789d00560a0422f465.png

The second one is modem --> XR500 --> PC with an ethernet cable.

image.thumb.png.f75b7b721c6c8d1acc2ccc8359c2cb38.png