Xr1000 Buggy QoS - traffic prio

I noticed when my pc is off, even my games console, the prios are still triggering meaning something else on my network is using those ports? I’ve brought this issue up in the past but it looks like it’s back in the .58 FW. Any fix on this?

• Administrators

Is this with DumaOS Classified Games enabled or specific device rules? If the former then yes something on the network is triggering it, this could be something simple like steam running in the task bar sending just enough packets to keep it on. If the latter then likely some ports from your rule are triggering it, on PC this could be a torrent for example. In either case it could also be if you have the console in an instant on/power saving mode.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Is this with DumaOS Classified Games enabled or specific device rules? If the former then yes something on the network is triggering it, this could be something simple like steam running in the task bar sending just enough packets to keep it on. If the latter then likely some ports from your rule are triggering it, on PC this could be a torrent for example. In either case it could also be if you have the console in an instant on/power saving mode.

When I put on Games Console in device Manager and Games console service in traffic prio; the packet count is much more even. Vs Computer and PlayStation  device  manager. Why is that?

• Administrators
14 hours ago, CRarsenxL said:

When I put on Games Console in device Manager and Games console service in traffic prio; the packet count is much more even. Vs Computer and PlayStation  device  manager. Why is that?

There shouldn't be much difference, the Games Console rule uses ports rather than DPI specifically. I'll ask the team to investigate that one.

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

There shouldn't be much difference, the Games Console rule uses ports rather than DPI specifically. I'll ask the team to investigate that one.

The thing is, some devices on my network use ports ig…. cus the packet counter slowly goes up once my pc goes offline (I unplugged my Ethernet to my pc to make sure)

is DPI a faster detection method than ports?

What is the optimal device manager and prio service for a PC playing vanguard?

I can see I am not the only one seeing these issues.

• Administrators

How do you have Prio setup currently? DPI inspects packets so it wouldn't be as fast as using ports but it's not slow comparatively. I always recommending setting a PC to a PlayStation when using the Geo-Filter for PC, it seems to work better in that sense - mostly because the services will need updating.