cant get 2nd router working

gamerukali

I posted the other day in another thread.

I have a 2nd router connected for wifi but no longer can get it to connect.

If i setup the 2nd router by it self without the R2 it has connection

If i setup R2 on its own it has connection but very poor wifi.

When i connect R2 and a entrent cable from LAN to 2nd router WAN or LAN i no longer can get the 2nd router to connect to internet

This stopped working few days ago vefore that i had no issues.

My setup

Openreach modem----R2------vodafone

I hav again tried to connect to the vodafone WAN and LAN.

At the moment i have had to stop using my R2 due to the poor wifi issues

10 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

A factory reset while it's connected to the R2? Does the R2 give it an IP address in the Device Manager? Are you using Adblocker or Traffic Controller, put a device in the DMZ etc?

Yes i have tried factory reset while its connected to R2. Yes R2 gives it a IP. No dont use the router adblocker and dont have nothing in DMZ .

It has connection but no internet. Like when a do wifi search for example on my mobile it finds the vodafone and it connects but no internet . Usually on the vodafone it has a while light when theres internet but it stays red. Theres no ipv4 connection it says when i go to the vodafone interface

17 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Set a static IP for the device connected to the vodafone and see if you get internet then

No devices at all connect to the vodafone router i wouldant be able to set static ip for them all

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, gamerukali said:

No devices at all connect to the vodafone router i wouldant be able to set static ip for them all

You said above they connect but don't get internet, can the vodafone see them?

30 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You said above they connect but don't get internet, can the vodafone see them?

Yes all household devices see vodafone when doing wifi search, it connects but says no internet. It use to work fine i have no idea why internet wont turn on now when trying to conenct vodafpne router to the R2. On its own they both work

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay so on the Vodafone router you should be able to assign them a reserved/static IP?

Im sure i could but i am not having issues with the device being assigned ips and it would be very long process to assign each wifi device its own ip address were looking at 10 plus devices

So what i did after 2 days not having R2 conmected. I just comnected everything up how it use to be

Openreach-R2-vodafone

I didnt do no factory resets nothing jist connected all wores as they was turned power pff for all waited 10 seconds and now evrything suddenly working again. And wifi devices connected to vodafpne also showing up on my R2 monitor devices. Dont no how or why it suddenly worls again but there u go.

U can go ahead and close this thread thanks for ur responses tho

29 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay so on the Vodafone router you should be able to assign them a reserved/static IP?

Im sure i could but i am not having issues with the device being assigned ips and it would be very long process to assign each wifi device its own ip address were looking at 10 plus devic

• Administrators

If they're not getting IPs then that is why they aren't getting internet but glad to hear it's all working, some routers are finicky about what order they are booted in so that was likely it, well done for getting it sorted. You're welcome, I'll close the topic, feel free to open another if needed and we'll be happy to help.