R2 not connecting to internet.

zqa20

My r2 just arrived with the seal cut open so I assume it was a returned unit but the main issue is that it doesn't connect to the internet.

I have a sky q box.

I have factory reset my sky hub, put the r2 in the DMZ and disabled upnp (I haven't disabled wifi yet). My r2 is being picked up on my sky hub and is also detected on my phones wifi but it's giving off no internet connection.

I've also tried factory resetting the r2 by holding down the reset button for almost 60 seconds juyst encase the old users settings are still on the unit. 

I doubt it's a faulty Ethernet cable as if it was my sky Q wouldn't be showing the duma as a connected device.

When the r2 is plugged into my PC I'm unable to access the netduma dashboard. If a mod that has access to the netduma twitter, I have sent a DM. 

Thanks, 

• Administrators

Sorry to hear that, that's not something we would do, where abouts are you located? 

Just to double check, have you accessed the interface and gone through the Setup Wizard? If you haven't you'll need to do that first to get internet.

12 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Sorry to hear that, that's not something we would do, where abouts are you located? 

Just to double check, have you accessed the interface and gone through the Setup Wizard? If you haven't you'll need to do that first to get internet.

Yeah unless I'm missing something.

With my PC Ethernet plugged into slot 1 on the duma, I typed in in 192.168.88.1 into the address bar and I get no access. I also tried connecting to the interface on my phone while connected to the duma and again nothing. 

I can pass across my order number if need be regarding the seal being cut open. It did have DHL tape round the parcel and it was stuck in holding for like a week so maybe they checked what was inside? 

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, zqa20 said:

Yeah unless I'm missing something.

With my PC Ethernet plugged into slot 1 on the duma, I typed in in 192.168.88.1 into the address bar and I get no access. I also tried connecting to the interface on my phone while connected to the duma and again nothing. 

I can pass across my order number if need be regarding the seal being cut open. It did have DHL tape round the parcel and it was stuck in holding for like a week so maybe they checked what was inside? 

That IP is for the R1 not the R2, the correct IP is the one above, try that and see if you get internet after completing the wizard.

Ah yes that will be it then, we don't use DHL tape so they probably checked then resealed. 

24 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That IP is for the R1 not the R2, the correct IP is the one above, try that and see if you get internet after completing the wizard.

Ah yes that will be it then, we don't use DHL tape so they probably checked then resealed. 

Thanks you guys. Looks like things gave changed a little since my r1. If I run into any more issues I'll let you know. 

Just playing around with some of the new features.

1) is there a way to turn off the LEDs? the constant flashing is a bit annoying

2) I was running into some nat related issues. After messing around in my sky hub, giving the duma a static IP on sky, putting that in DMZ, disabling the firewalls I found and then restarting everything I finally got an open nat on cod with soime port forwarding on the duma. 

- Is there any other setting in my sky hub that I need to change? 

3) on Qos is there a way to know if "auto enable" is actually working? 

• Administrators
  1. Not at the moment but it has been requested so will probably be implemented in the future
  2. It's up to you but potentially turning off the WiFi to ensure no devices connect to it by accident, other than that you're good
  3. Start up a game, Traffic Prioritization should trigger and then do a speed test, it will be limited to the Congestion Control percentages you set

6 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:
  1. Not at the moment but it has been requested so will probably be implemented in the future
  2. It's up to you but potentially turning off the WiFi to ensure no devices connect to it by accident, other than that you're good
  3. Start up a game, Traffic Prioritization should trigger and then do a speed test, it will be limited to the Congestion Control percentages you set

For 3) I tried this prior to my post by booting up vanguard and setting my download to 50% but my download wasn't throttled at all. I play on PC if that matters

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, zqa20 said:

For 3) I tried this prior to my post by booting up vanguard and setting my download to 50% but my download wasn't throttled at all. I play on PC if that matters

If you weren't actually playing a game then TP probably wasn't active, actually jump into a game then test it

45 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you weren't actually playing a game then TP probably wasn't active, actually jump into a game then test it

Thanks I'll give it a go when I play some games, just setting everything up atm.

I'm having an issue on warzone/modern warfare  where I can't get an open nat even after forwarding all the ports. I've logged onto black ops CW and vanguard and both of those are open. Any tips on is this a known issue? r2 is in the DMZ, upnp and wifi is disabled on sky hub. 

image.png.bae2ae31e395e5a86e64fe6aeb39a8ef.png

36 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

As a test if you put the PC in the DMZ do you get an Open NAT? Either way then take it out as it is a security risk.

i've tried putting my PC in the DMZ of the r2 and same issue. 

I've read of double nat issues especially with Sky users. If I was running into double nat would I also have a moderate nat on the other cods/