My 2.4ghz network constantly drops

Backpack

Every day my 2.4 network drops while my 5.0 network stays active, causing me to have to reboot the router every day. I’ve rebooted via the app and also hard rebooted the router itself. Any idea what could be causing this?

6 hours ago, Backpack said:

Every day my 2.4 network drops while my 5.0 network stays active, causing me to have to reboot the router every day. I’ve rebooted via the app and also hard rebooted the router itself. Any idea what could be causing this?

If you reserve and IP address for each device that is disconnecting, does the problem still occur?

16 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

If you reserve and IP address for each device that is disconnecting, does the problem still occur?

It’s not just that devices are disconnecting, the whole 2.4 network goes down and disappears. All devices that were connected to it disconnect and then the 2.4 network is no longer in the list of networks to connect to. I use the 2.4 network for every device besides my xbox, so I don’t even know how I’d go about reserving an IP for that many things. 

6 hours ago, Backpack said:

It’s not just that devices are disconnecting, the whole 2.4 network goes down and disappears. All devices that were connected to it disconnect and then the 2.4 network is no longer in the list of networks to connect to. I use the 2.4 network for every device besides my xbox, so I don’t even know how I’d go about reserving an IP for that many things. 

Are you still able to access the interface via a LAN device when this occurs? If so, can you download a log file from System Information when the problem occurs and send it over?

On 12/2/2021 at 6:56 AM, Netduma Liam said:

Are you still able to access the interface via a LAN device when this occurs? If so, can you download a log file from System Information when the problem occurs and send it over?

I was finally able to do this. Should I attach the log file here or send it privately?

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Backpack said:

I was finally able to do this. Should I attach the log file here or send it privately?

You can attach it here and if there is anything revealed that shouldn't be we can remove it

On 12/5/2021 at 7:05 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

You can attach it here and if there is anything revealed that shouldn't be we can remove it

I had sent you a private message with the log file at that time, but after that I updated the DumaOS to the newer version and did the factory reset and hoped that might fix the issue, but while it hasnt happened as frequently since doing that, its still happening. Here is the log file from today.

log-1638819899072.txt

15 hours ago, Backpack said:

I had sent you a private message with the log file at that time, but after that I updated the DumaOS to the newer version and did the factory reset and hoped that might fix the issue, but while it hasnt happened as frequently since doing that, its still happening. Here is the log file from today.

log-1638819899072.txt 74.59 kB · 0 downloads

There's certainly something interesting going on there. I've passed this on to a dev, I'll let you know once I've heard back from them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2021 at 6:56 AM, Netduma Liam said:

There's certainly something interesting going on there. I've passed this on to a dev, I'll let you know once I've heard back from them.

Hey Liam, has there been any news on this? Even after updating to the new firmware/factory resetting, this has become even more frequent and I have no clue why. 

10 hours ago, Backpack said:

Hey Liam, has there been any news on this? Even after updating to the new firmware/factory resetting, this has become even more frequent and I have no clue why. 

Sorry for the delay, I've just chased the dev up now, I'll let you know once I've heard back!