DumaOS on XR1000 Rapp has not finished loading.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

It isn't anything to do with your ISP router. I may be saying some of things you've tried but just in case, on the System Information page on the Rapp panel, click the :menu icon change the retries to 5. If you have Armor enabled disable it, then reboot the router from the interface, wait 2 minutes then access it. It's important to wait the 2 minutes to give them a chance to load correctly.

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

It isn't anything to do with your ISP router. I may be saying some of things you've tried but just in case, on the System Information page on the Rapp panel, click the :menu icon change the retries to 5. If you have Armor enabled disable it, then reboot the router from the interface, wait 2 minutes then access it. It's important to wait the 2 minutes to give them a chance to load correctly.

I already have the retries set to 5. As for Armor being enabled or disabled, I'm not sure because in the Nighthawk app it says it is disabled but I can't tell what DumaOS says if it is or not.
If it helps; Firmware Version - 1.0.0.58_1.0.44 and DumaOS Version 3.0.216

• Administrators

Did you factory reset after you updated the router to the latest firmware? If it automatically updated the version have you done a factory reset since then? Are you using an Adblocker on your web browser? If so disable that/whitelist the interface then reboot the router and wait 2 minutes, see if it loads after that.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Did you factory reset after you updated the router to the latest firmware? If it automatically updated the version have you done a factory reset since then? Are you using an Adblocker on your web browser? If so disable that/whitelist the interface then reboot the router and wait 2 minutes, see if it loads after that.

As far as I know it's always had the current firmware on the router. I have done a few factory resets since then. I am using an adblocker, I've never thought about it cause it's always been on my browser so I will test that now. Is there a way to tell if Armor is On or Off? I see the symbol but it is solid white and if I click it, nothing happens.

Edit: Disabling all my AdBlockers on my browser did not fix the issue, sadly.

14 hours ago, Palisayde said:

As far as I know it's always had the current firmware on the router. I have done a few factory resets since then. I am using an adblocker, I've never thought about it cause it's always been on my browser so I will test that now. Is there a way to tell if Armor is On or Off? I see the symbol but it is solid white and if I click it, nothing happens.

Edit: Disabling all my AdBlockers on my browser did not fix the issue, sadly.

Just to go back a little, you mention that the XR1000 is acting as an extension of the modem? Do you mean you have the XR1000 in AP mode? If so, there won't be any Rapps.

10 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Just to go back a little, you mention that the XR1000 is acting as an extension of the modem? Do you mean you have the XR1000 in AP mode? If so, there won't be any Rapps.

Sort of, the setup is as follows; The Fiberwire goes into my house into the Modem/Router and that only has one cable coming out of it up to my XR1000 and my XR is giving off Wifi (2.4g and 5g) and I have 2 Desktops directly connected to it via ethernet cable. It's where most of my internet goes to aside from the modem/router, that is used by one person on wifi from it. As for being in AP Mode, the only thing I could find about it was under Settings about Wireless AP Mode and that is already disabled.

• Administrators

I think a good idea would be to reinstall the firmware using TFTP, this upgrades the firmware by bypassing the boot process and any issues there, then once completed (~5 minutes after you send the firmware) do a factory reset and that will give you the freshest install possible. Make sure to wait 2 minutes after the reset before accessing and see if it is more stable then.

https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP?article=000059634

9 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I think a good idea would be to reinstall the firmware using TFTP, this upgrades the firmware by bypassing the boot process and any issues there, then once completed (~5 minutes after you send the firmware) do a factory reset and that will give you the freshest install possible. Make sure to wait 2 minutes after the reset before accessing and see if it is more stable then.

https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP?article=000059634

I try to do the tftp command in the cmd console and it keeps giving me "Connect request failed" and nothing else. I made sure my TFTP is enabled and have set my default gateway to 192.168.1.1 and even set it to automatic and it set it as 10.0.0.1 and neither worked, just kept giving me the same message as stated before.

1 hour ago, Palisayde said:

I try to do the tftp command in the cmd console and it keeps giving me "Connect request failed" and nothing else. I made sure my TFTP is enabled and have set my default gateway to 192.168.1.1 and even set it to automatic and it set it as 10.0.0.1 and neither worked, just kept giving me the same message as stated before.

Is the LAN IP for the XR1000 still set to 192.168.1.1? If you put that in your web browser are you able to access the interface? Is the power LED flashing after you've booted it holding the reset pin? Are you waiting for at least ten flashes before entering the command?

7 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Is the LAN IP for the XR1000 still set to 192.168.1.1? If you put that in your web browser are you able to access the interface? Is the power LED flashing after you've booted it holding the reset pin? Are you waiting for at least ten flashes before entering the command?

I have waited for the flashes, All the LEDs flash after holding and they turn solid later. Everything on the router does what it's suppose to do, the only thing that doesn't is my Command Console and it says "Connect request failed". I probably did at least 20 resets and none worked giving me the same error. After those resets my DumaOS page doesn't even show up anymore, it just tells me that "DumaOS not loaded yet!" message.

51 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Can you provide a screenshot of the command prompt window how you have done it prior to actually submitting the command please? 

It has always said this. I have tried anything that will be set as a Default Gateway and even the automatic one.

image_2021-12-01_190350.png.d94282e1765f7f29e7dbb3f5e6245ffb.png

10 hours ago, Palisayde said:

It has always said this. I have tried anything that will be set as a Default Gateway and even the automatic one.

The LAN IP of the XR1000 is 192.168.1.1, correct?

Have you made sure to disconnect all cables from the XR besides the PC you're connected with? Make sure the WAN is unplugged particularly.

To double check, you're definitely connected to the XR via an ethernet cable, right?

8 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

The LAN IP of the XR1000 is 192.168.1.1, correct?

Have you made sure to disconnect all cables from the XR besides the PC you're connected with? Make sure the WAN is unplugged particularly.

To double check, you're definitely connected to the XR via an ethernet cable, right?

Yes, the only thing plugged into the XR1000 is an ethernet cable to my computer and the power cable. The IP of the router sometimes changes, I set it to 192.168.1.1 in windows settings but it changes it to 10.0.0.1 because the modem/router is there. Just checked if DumaOS will open and it will but it loads slowly and the Rapps still don't show. Can't turn on UPnP, AP Mode is off, and I still don't know if my Armor is disabled or not.

Not specifically the Router's IP but the Default Gateway. The website you linked tells you to change the Default Gateway to 192.168.1.1. Mine normally is not that, using Command Prompt and typing in "ipconfig" you can see the Default Gateway your router is using and mine is 10.0.0.1. It can be changed if you go to the windows Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings > open your ethernet and change the Default Gateway, as the website you linked said to.

• Administrators

Okay that's why it isn't working, the router IP will still be 10.0.0.1. Ignore the guide in regards to that, change the gateway back to 10.0.0.1 and give your device a static IP of 10.0.0.10 adjust the command to use 10.0.0.1 and try again please

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay that's why it isn't working, the router IP will still be 10.0.0.1. Ignore the guide in regards to that, change the gateway back to 10.0.0.1 and give your device a static IP of 10.0.0.10 adjust the command to use 10.0.0.1 and try again please

Managed to fix it myself with my ISP router. Had to have an IP Passthrough and Cascade with it. All is good now.