Netduma WiFi 6E?

• 1 month later...

So game booster is designed by Netduma? It looks like it’s been simplified somewhat from the dashboards we’re used to. I don’t really need a mesh system however. Any plans to bring this to a more reasonably priced high powered traditional style single router? Because a $1500 mesh system makes even the $550 Asus GT-AXE11000 seem like a bargain, but I would like to stick with DumaOS if I can. 

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, DmyTgregu said:

So game booster is designed by Netduma? It looks like it’s been simplified somewhat from the dashboards we’re used to. I don’t really need a mesh system however. Any plans to bring this to a more reasonably priced high powered traditional style single router? Because a $1500 mesh system makes even the $550 Asus GT-AXE11000 seem like a bargain, but I would like to stick with DumaOS if I can. 

Yes it is! Potentially, yes but we'll have to see on that, keep an eye out!

13 hours ago, DmyTgregu said:

Especially this! I’m already having band competition issues with my neighbors. Some new channels would be great. Any news on this front?

When you have a lot of APs around you the best way to help with interference is to cut down on transmit power. This way your signal is reduced but off course you still have those APs all knocking out max.

Ive a slightly different setup but limit 5Ghz to 17dbm to match clients and a very low 9dbm on 2.4Ghz. 
6E though has good and bad points. You get to start with a quiet channel though as this becomes popular that will be reduced but the drop off on 6E is very quick so to keep a max QAM you need to remain close to the router.

With the announcement of WiFi 7 in 2024 by Broadcom and OFCOM already preparing it’s interesting times. OFCOM are focusing on 6E for VR and AR and at the moment the only headset with 6E is the quest 2 but it’s not active at the moment. 

Don’t forget while 6E may be quiet but once you have more than one client then you need more streams to handle multiple communication at once or else clients need to wait and this is part of the WiFi system that slows down performance. 

Mesh systems are really designed for coverage but by its own mechanics it’s never going to perform as well compared to a good wired up AP system. Remember mesh uses the same channels as backhaul and the same channel outputs so by its own design it creates interference even with the latest standards. 

13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Holy shit bout to buy Orbi now I have a reason to get it now. I been wanted to get one but because of no duma os never no point and now new motherboards are out with WiFi 6E makes more sense to buy WiFi 6E Orbi now including w/ Duma OS just makes everything perfect 

1 hour ago, Newfie said:

OFCOM are focusing on 6E for VR and AR and at the moment the only headset with 6E is the quest 2 but it’s not active at the moment. 

I wouldn't say that completely and that statement was from quite a while back now I seem to remember, the AXE500 covers 3500 square feet, thats more than the RAX120 by 500sqft. iPhones and iPads this year will be getting 6E most likely, along with lots of media streaming devices too. Its not all just for VR and AR anymore and with 8K TV's now a thing and also the limit of the human eye most new TV's this year will also get a 6E update,  Looking at the reviews of the routers which will be also getting DoH support too and dynamic QoS in a soon to come update they are expensive but initial prices will drop, I imagine many consoles will end up with revisions with 6E, also it seems in the UK 6Ghz will travel as well as 5Ghz and the way the antenna is postilioned is vital, hence why the fixed wing design of the RAX120 and the RAXE500 both give such huge coverage without having increased transmit power.

When the new iPad Pro's come out this year if as promised they have 6E I'll snap one up. 2024 is still two years away and who's to say that Wi-Fi 7 will be released on time or what I'll be doing by then, I would say if 6E devices are coming and you can get a router and want to play with one go ahead and enjoy living in the moment, not waiting for the next best thing which is just a marketing ploy and means you wont ever be satisfied with anything you purchase.

8k is around 200mbps and lower as it stands where as in VR you need 200 to 5000mbps for 6 Dof and very low latency which is why OFCOM is pushing 6E but we will not see these speeds until WiFi 7 appears and the clients match it. Simply put most routers hit 200mbps for just tv use but it’s completely different for VR. 

the good news for consumers is Mediatek should have been showing a WiFi 7 network at this years CES and they are pushing for a possible 2023 launch date and while it’s not confirmed it’s now a race.