Firmware & Internet problems

BryceNTilla

So as you know from twitter and other forums, i am having a ton of problems for some reason trying to upgrade to the latest firmware. Its a cycle. I try, it spins on the page saying it should take two minutes to complete, the page never reloads on its own, when i refresh the page, it says dumaos hasnt loaded yet. I am able to get on and play games and so on but cannot get into dumaos. When i factory reset after not being able to get into dumaos, it puts me on the firmware i am trying to get off of, says i am connected to the internet, when i open a new tab and try to get on youtube, twitch, twitter, ect., it says there is no internet connection which forces me to either try again with the firmware upgrade or factory reset again and try my luck with everything being normal (so far no luck). I would be more than happy to get into some sort of call on discord or something to further explain and i can share my screen so you can see the problem but this has been going on for awhile now. 

• Administrators

I saw on Twitter you're trying to upgrade using a web browser I haven't seen/not familiar with, can you try upgrading using Google Chrome please and see if it works? If not we'll likely need to get a dev involved or have you run a command to force an upgrade

Thank you Fraser. I just got back home from trying to upgrade through Chrome and the same issue. I let it run while i went out to do errands (30 to 45 mins long) and still spinning. I havent had issues with prior upgrades but this one just doesnt want to work for me. 

image_2021-11-17_162659.png

• Administrators

Disable it in LAN as well just there on the left please, Liam will most likely post back here - you'll probably notice it happen as you'll lose connection. Make sure you post back here when you've done that from the R2 so we know what your IP is

20 minutes ago, BryceNTilla said:

just turned IPv6 off on LAN and hit save general. this post is also from my computer under the R2 so should be good to go now

I've just pushed an upgrade from the backend, in a few minutes please try to get back to the interface at 192.168.77.1 (You may have to clear browser cache first). You'll need to run through initial setup again so please bare in mind you won't have internet access until you've done this.