DHCP or PPPoe

SUPERCAR

hi, i have a question. I have the netduma r2 router. If I connect it in dhcp mode, the CB test detects a packet loss, instead in pppoe no lost packets. In game I only tried in pppoe and not in dhcp. Can you tell me why?Even if in dhcp I have a packet loss in game would it be the same or not? Thank y

Hi. PPPoE and DHCP connections depend on your isp and their connection protocol. Usually an ISP that has a username and password to log in to their internet via a modem/router is a PPPoE and those that do not require a username or password are DHCP. We need to know which ISP you have in Italy and also the modem or modem/router you have from them to connect to the internet. Then, we can help you troubleshoot your connection issues.

• Administrators

The Benchmark test uses the Google server to test the Ping and Packet Loss so it could just be your connection to that server. As above what modem/router are you using? I'm assuming you can have that handle PPPoE or put it in bridge mode? You may not necessarily get packet loss in game if it's just to the Google server

Thanks fraser, however on pingplotter via the google server I find a loss of packages only on hop 8, while in hop 1 and in the final destination no lost packets and I have no big ping variations. Can you confirm that in this case everything is ok? or is all hop 8 packet loss a problem?

On 11/14/2021 at 10:31 AM, SUPERCAR said:

2021-11-14 (2).png

My internet has similar test results. Do you need a r2 to have these stats? I use my regular Telus modem / router with moca on lan setup without a Duma and I achieved the same results. My house isn’t busy with internet usage. I have a Duma r1 maybe I should upgrade to r2. 🤔

• 10 months later...

Hi,

I live in Brazil and i startup using The Dumaos system( R2 ) on recommendation. My question is about settings PPPOE and BRIDGE MODE for the router. What is the best option ?

Obs: I'm using Google translate. 

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Holz said:

Hi,

I live in Brazil and i startup using The Dumaos system( R2 ) on recommendation. My question is about settings PPPOE and BRIDGE MODE for the router. What is the best option ?

Obs: I'm using Google translate. 

Hello, welcome to the forum!

I would suggest you have your modem/router handle PPPoE instead of the R2