destiny California server

Ive noticed that i cannot ping any destiny 2 sever in a southern california anymore. ive tried to use the ping heat map but its only showing my washington servers that has a way higher ping that im used to. is there an outage or is the california destiny server not working any more. i also connect to an asia server for some reason. my gaming experience has been bad since i cant ping that cali one anymore. any help would be great

I havent seen a change in the cloud yet nor an update to it. every server is running except the los angeles server and im getting pings that im not used to which is making it hard for me to play the game that i enjoy. 

Screenshot (2).png

2 hours ago, [email protected] said:

I havent seen a change in the cloud yet nor an update to it. every server is running except the los angeles server and im getting pings that im not used to which is making it hard for me to play the game that i enjoy. 

Apologies, the team that update this have been incredibly busy recently so there's been some delays. Are you not still able to filter the server in Geo-filter? Even though you can't see it in Ping Heatmap, you should still be able to play on it.

liam noticed that the cloud servers were failing. this can be the cause of my problems. i just want things to go back to normal. theres enough problems with the game already, last thing i want to deal with is connection problems dealing with my router.

• Administrators

The cloud issue he mentioned is relating to Ping Heatmap which just pings the servers, it's not to do with the Geo-Filter. Do this and see if it is better:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager (if on PC)
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client

You would think ping heatmap would work in conjunction with the geofilter. Lol I play destiny so filter mode isn't really a option for me since the change's to there server. My only option now is play and pray.1672745679_1127210521_HDR0101.thumb.jpg.d556358dd2f1e5f78d3fae98c9846fb8.jpg

• Administrators
6 hours ago, jamrock176 said:

You would think ping heatmap would work in conjunction with the geofilter. Lol I play destiny so filter mode isn't really a option for me since the change's to there server. My only option now is play and pray.

Game servers don't respond to traditional pings, that's where the trouble lies really. On Ping Heatmap you're specifically initiating a ping to the server, we have a workaround for this but if they change servers which can often happen then we don't get a ping response and that's when it shows N/A. So then we have to retest the game and determine the new servers they're using, rinse, repeat. 

The Geo-Filter on the other hand reports active connections so when you're on the game it will show them regardless, now if the server changes to one we haven't classified before it will appear as a peer until we reclassify it but whether it appears as a peer or a server it is still Geo-Filterable. For Destiny as they are now server based you can still use the Geo-Filter - you just cannot match against friends or go in solo as you could previously.