Bad ping in every call of duty.

Woodz

I play in PC call of duty. Recently I move to Idaho because of work, all my friends and teammates live in FL. My ping is horrible even playing alone is there a chance that adjusting settings on my R2 so my bullet reg is better or my connection? 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Have you adjusted the Geo-Filter or QoS since you've moved? If not you'll definitely want to do that and it will help. For example, QoS settings that worked on your previous connection won't necessarily be the best on this one. Can you provide a screenshot of your Connection Benchmark results please?

• Administrators

Your base ping appears to be inherently spiky which isn't great for a consistent connection. It looks like you may need to experiment more with the Download on Congestion Control as you got a big spike on Ping Under Load. What Geo-Filter settings are you using when playing alone vs with friends?

• Administrators

Auto Ping automatically pings the server you're on, that doesn't affect how the game is filtered - Ping Assist is next to the Polygon line for the amount of points you have left/next to the distance slider when radius is selected. If you provide a whole page screenshot we'll be able to better tell how everything is setup

14 hours ago, Woodz said:

What can I do to choose what DS i want to play on when I play private match in vanguard? 

I'm not sure how there infrastructure works for private matches, if you leave Geo-filter on Spectating mode then have someone join your private match, what do you see on the map?