Can't detect Internet connection

1982dazzzz

Just received my netduma r2 today.

I have an EE smart hub, I have connected my R2 to the smart hub and when running through the dumaos setup it can't detect my Internet connection to proceed to the next step.

I have one lan cable connected from my smart hub to the R2 like the instructions say.

Both powered on and I'm connected to the netduma via WiFi when setting up but still the dumaos won't detect Internet connection.

Help much appreciated 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

The internet port on the R2 is connected to a LAN port on the EE hub? Select the option to manually set it up, then click skip so you can progress through the wizard. Then I would suggest you reboot the hub, wait 2 minutes, then reboot the R2 from the interface, wait 2 minutes and see if you get internet. Some modems/routers can be finicky about what order they're connected in.

Hi Fraser.

I tried the above again with a laptop and still unable to proceed next after inputting upload and download speeds.

The step before it WAN properties I've left blank and just skipped, is this correct or do I need to input data there for EE fibre ? 663097101_Screenshot_20211104-172230_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.b87f9b5b351f230e6ee93b516783db17.jpg

It looks as though you're still using a mobile browser there, you'll need to finish the setup from a laptop/desktop. 

Plug an ethernet cable into one of the three yellow LAN ports on the EE hub and plug the other side in to the blue WAN port on the R2.

I have fibre to the door, usually my original lan cable runs from this box to my existing router, are you sure I don't need a cable from this box to my router still, to get Internet. Then a cable from my router to the R2

20211105_163048.jpg

Still no joy I'm afraid.

Internet to my existing router is fine. Unable to connect via R2 or proceed any further when inputting Internet speeds during setup.

I did notice upon receiving the seal was broken on the box I will need to return as it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks for the help 

Guys I've sorted it 😁 

Thank you for your patience and help. Deleted cookies cache and data from Web browser and its connected fine.

Next question, what's best to set up for gaming on an xbox series X which i initially intended for really. Mainly warzone etc 

Thanks again 

7 minutes ago, 1982dazzzz said:

Guys I've sorted it 😁 

Thank you for your patience and help. Deleted cookies cache and data from Web browser and its connected fine.

Next question, what's best to set up for gaming on an xbox series X which i initially intended for really. Mainly warzone etc 

Thanks again 

Geo filter still trying load ? Is this normal 

20211106_171732.jpg