XR300 Inaccurate Device Manager

Hello,

I've been using the Netgear Nighthawk XR300 for about 8 months. I've noticed the Device Manager seems to be very inaccurate. For example, I have only 2 devices on a small unmanaged switch connected to the router, yet the device manager shows 4. The other two are "unknown" and cannot be deleted as they are supposedly online. I'm unable to ping either of them from my desktop.

I tried restarting the router, and now devices set on the guest wifi show under LAN. Devices that aren't even on are also showing under WiFi...

I'm at a loss with all of the inaccuracy. I've tried googling with no luck. Are these known issues, am I overlooking something glaringly obvious?

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Do the unknown devices have IP addresses? If you're connecting the devices in different ways, e.g. via ethernet, 2.4GHz, 5GHz then they may appear as different devices. What firmware version are you on currently?

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Do the unknown devices have IP addresses? If you're connecting the devices in different ways, e.g. via ethernet, 2.4GHz, 5GHz then they may appear as different devices. What firmware version are you on currently?

Thanks!

After another restart it appears the unknown devices have finally moved to "offline" and I'm able to delete them.

Now I'm just curious why devices on my 2.4 GHz Guest SSID show under LAN?

My router is currently on firmware version 1.0.3.56_10.3.41

9 hours ago, DrWeird said:

Thanks!

After another restart it appears the unknown devices have finally moved to "offline" and I'm able to delete them.

Now I'm just curious why devices on my 2.4 GHz Guest SSID show under LAN?

My router is currently on firmware version 1.0.3.56_10.3.41

What types of wireless devices do you have connected to the Guest Network? Are they mobile devices or IoT devices for example?

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

Hmm, that could be the cause. Can you try connecting a mobile device to the 2.4GHz Guest Wi-Fi and see if it's also put down as LAN?

Other devices (Cell/Laptops) are showing normally on the 2.4/5 GHz non-guest bands.