XR1000 Factory reset after reboot

Hello all, I have see other issues reguarding this problem. But I aslo wanted to share my experience, and see if there is any new information regarding the issue. So what prompted the problem was i kept getting an error attempting to login to the router . It kept saying something about a netduma issue. I dont currently have acess to my PC, I was accessing it remotely and thats when it locked up. I cleared my cache, checked the forums, and the forums suggested a reboot. I could not use the DumaOS app remotely, so I used the netgear  nighthawk app. This apparently forced a factory reset and not a reboot. Not the best thing. But also not the worst. I was able to still access the router remotely. I was irritated and also concerned that the router chose to factory reset itself instead of rebooting. Next step I decided on was attempting to just reset the router on purpose , on my own. I clicked "erase" from within DumaOS and let it reboot. Now i am unable to access the router remotely, despite having a computer cabled in directly to the router .( The one I was using the whole time) I dot know if this is a windows issue now, or a Netgear/netDuma issue. Discussing it with coworkers makes it seem like my current remote connection issue may be due to the way windows sees connections. I have also remotely rebooted my modem via the providers web interface.

I am currently on the most current firmware for the XR1000. No new version is available from Netgear. Ill have to check it when I can physically get in front of my PC later tonight. If the current connection issue isnt related to windows or my cabled in PC, previous forum posts indicate my NEXT step may be a TFTP firmware upgrade to the same firmware. Is that correct? Also, what can be done to prevent the nighthawk app from corrupting/factory resetting the router? SHouldnt DumaOS be handling the boot/reset? Or am I wrong on that? I appreciate anyones input on this.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

If you initiated a factory reset remotely then you'll no longer have access to the router - you'll have to connect directly and go through the setup wizard, that has to be done everytime a factory reset is done to get access to the internet/proper access to the interface.

32 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

If you initiated a factory reset remotely then you'll no longer have access to the router - you'll have to connect directly and go through the setup wizard, that has to be done everytime a factory reset is done to get access to the internet/proper access to the interface.

Fraser, Thank you.  I'll be able to get in front of the router later this evening. I'll update you then. I'm not too thrilled with this router at the moment but the support you and the other netduma personnel provide is excellent. Thank you.

I was able to reconfigure the router this evening and it seems to be working fine now.  I have setup the management interface on an old laptop so I can see the filter when I am gaming. Do you know why rebooting with nethawk app factory reset the router?

6 hours ago, ajack said:

I was able to reconfigure the router this evening and it seems to be working fine now.  I have setup the management interface on an old laptop so I can see the filter when I am gaming. Do you know why rebooting with nethawk app factory reset the router?

Does it only do this when you specifically do the reboot through the Nighthawk App? If so, that may be one to raise with Netgear.

Hello, Liam! I haven't tried to repeat the problem. But yes, the only time I did it I rebooted via the nighthawk app, and for some reason it factory reset the router. Its probably an issue on netgears side. I do have the DumaOS app. But that seems to only work when connected to the local network. Correct?