Pure VPN Setting it up on XR700

Hi, I am new so please forgive me if this is somewhere already in the forum.

I have a Netgear Nighthawk XR700, I have purchased PureVPN as the HybridVPN function says it will work with this. I have input my username and password and everything still works.

I have two issues - 1)Setup - I have also purchased a dedicated IP address and they have given me a security certificate, I dont know what to do with it lol, so help/advice needed. Is it better for me to go down the advanced route or simple route of setting it up. If advanced I see a configuration field but do not know what to do with it and no options are given. 2) In VPN I keep adding devices but the next time I look they are gone. How can I keep them in the device list.

Many Thanks for reading and any assistance you may be able to give.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

You will need to use the Advanced Setup, depending on what they have given you just paste the contents of the certificate into the configuration box, your username/password for the VPN in their respective boxes and it should connect.

What device/web browser are you using to add the devices? 

4 hours ago, Geminian1970 said:

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am using Google Chrome on a Windows PC. I have installed the certificate but I do not know what to 'copy'. I have enclosed the certificate.

Thanks for helping me with this

image.png.b848c893564fb38d71e04d7fff0f9dd5.png

ca2.crt 1.72 kB · 0 downloads

You'll need to download an Open VPN config file from PureVPN, copy the entire contents of this file and paste it in the Configuration field.

Hi,

PureVPN have provided me with 3 files... WDC.key, secure-client.key, ca2

They have also provided me with a username and password (i assumed this was my email and password I set up) which now works in Basic mode. So, Im not sure what to do with these files or indeed if I need to do anything. I'm not sure what the advantage/disadvantage is of Basic v Advanced. Sorry to be a nuisance, this is probably very basic to others but I want to make sure I understand. Again, many thanks.

You'll need the OVPN files as well, looks like you can download them from here: https://support.purevpn.com/openvpn-files

There's a different file for every VPN server essentially. If you're able to use basic mode, that'll be much easier for you!

May just be worth taking note of the above in case you need it in future.