XR 1000 Settings > Qos (bufferbloat)/ Port Forwarding/ Traffic Prio Warzone PC

Hey Guys, after reading some hours through the forum i would like to start my own thread.

Changes my Setup due to bad buffer bloat ratings and Packet Burst on Warzone.

Setup: VDSL 250D/ 44U Mbits/ XR1000/ Vigor 167

Used to check buffer bloat on waveform as DSL Report is never loading for me.

Current results https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat?test-id=aa75aec8-ae18-4ffa-b251-6342d66ce06e

Duma OS Benchmark Test attached.

Geo-Filter and Ping Headmap: 

• is never loading for me, already understand that this is a known issue, don't want to reset all settings just to "try" if it helps (installed Rapps are adjusted to 5, Firmware has been uploaded again but no factory reset has been made)

QoS: 

• set sliders to 70%/ 70%, what else helps to decrease buffer bloat?
  • Traffic-prioritization > as Warzone is not listed and i am using a PC, what is the best setting here? How can i prioritize the PC for gaming, as gaming isn't part of the drop down, just Game Consoles)
  • Port Forwarding settings here under Traffic-prioritization or in advanced Setting > Port forwarding (the settings allowing internal and external Ports, Warzone does not show if internal or external, has this to be the same or what is the correct setting here? (my settings attached)
  • Auto Setup > is this setup just setting the sliders or anything else and does it make sense to set Anti Spikes and if so to what value?

Device Manager 

• shows the PC i am using right now as Offline, does this affect the QoS in any way and why does it not detect it as Online? 

General Settings

• is there anything to adjust to make the XR1000 and Vigor 167 work best (e.g. DMZ, Static IP etc.)

Thanks for going through my questions!

DumaOS_Benschmark.png

Portforwarding.png

Device Manage.png

Welcome to the forum!

We're working on porting the solution for Rapps not loading over to the NPG range, it shouldn't be too long before we can get a firmware out that includes this fix.

In Congestion Control, 70/70 is a good starting point, but looking at your CB results you may want to play with adjusting the sliders 5% at a time and re-testing after each change. Monitor the Ping Test (Under Load) scores and see which Congestion Control setup gets you the best results.

For Traffic Prioritisation, you can use the ports you used for port forwarding to prioritise Warzone Traffic. I'd suggest starting with the following advanced rule, and see how it feels:

Source: 1-65535
Dest: 3074 - 27036
Protocol: TCP & UDP

Auto-setup creates congestion in order to find the best settings for the Congestion Control sliders, though it's still being optimised so take it with a pinch of salt.

Your PC appearing as Offline in Device Manager shouldn't affect QoS, but it is interesting. Is the device connected via wired or wireless?

In terms of your general settings, it may be a good idea to put the XR1000 in the DMZ and reserve it's current IP. Don't worry, the XR has it's own firewall so there's no security risk here.

Hey Liam, thanks for getting back!

16 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Source: 1-65535
Dest: 3074 - 27036
Protocol: TCP & UDP

Apply to WAN?

14 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Your PC appearing as Offline in Device Manager shouldn't affect QoS, but it is interesting. Is the device connected via wired or wireless?

wired, its shown as online in the iOS app, but not on desktop 

15 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

In terms of your general settings, it may be a good idea to put the XR1000 in the DMZ and reserve it's current IP. Don't worry, the XR has it's own firewall so there's no security risk here.

could you kindly explain how the steps are for this?

3 minutes ago, rob7ven said:

Apply to WAN?

It's experimental, but it will only help so feel free to try it!

4 minutes ago, rob7ven said:

wired, its shown as online in the iOS app, but not on desktop 

OK, that sounds like a visual bug then, presumably if you try to remove the device it won't let you?

4 minutes ago, rob7ven said:

could you kindly explain how the steps are for this?

I can do my best but it depends on the make and model of your modem as you'll need to do it on there. Could you please let me know what modem you have and I'll see if I can find some steps?

2 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

if you try to remove the device it won't let you?

just have the option to delete it with loosing all settings 

2 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Could you please let me know what modem you have

Vigor 167

14 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Does the device show an IP address on the Device Manager? 

nope

14 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The Vigor is a pure modem so you don't need to do anything with that at all, it's already passing all traffic through to the XR optimally

great thanks