Cannot get into DumaOS

TheCupofJoe

Hello,

I am trying to access DumaOS with the provided IP address as well as the link from the webpage and it will not let me into it just says the site cannot be reached. I am on Bell Fibe and have disabled the Wifi from the HomeHub3000 as well as setup the Netduma with a DMZ exception. I have the Ethernet going from LAN Port 1 into the Netduma and I am able to connect to the internet via hardwire and wifi as well. I must be missing something so any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

• Administrators

What happens when you try to access 192.168.2.1 does that go to the HomeHub interface? If so set a static IP on the PC itself that is connected via ethernet to the router using this information and this guide (control panel) https://pureinfotech.com/set-static-ip-address-windows-10/

IP 192.168.77.100
Subnet 255.255.255.0
Gateway 192.168.77.1
DNS 192.168.77.1

then see if you can access using 192.168.77.1

So after changing to that I am able to access it however I am not connected to the internet at that point. When it tries to do the initialization at the beginning of the DumaOS is says it could not detect and internet connection. Troubleshooting says that the DNS server is not available.

10 hours ago, TheCupofJoe said:

So after changing to that I am able to access it however I am not connected to the internet at that point. When it tries to do the initialization at the beginning of the DumaOS is says it could not detect and internet connection. Troubleshooting says that the DNS server is not available.

OK thanks for letting us know, could you please click 'WAN Setup' at this point and then hit 'Skip'.

After this, you should be able to complete the setup and get to the interface. Then just reboot the router and you should have a WAN connection.

Ok, so just got up and I have done the setup with skipping the WAN setup. I am able to connect to the internet with one of my computers that is hardwired. The one I was able to get into NetDumaOS with but, all of the other ones I am not able to connect with. I have 3 others. Also when I run the speed test I am only getting about 500 GBPS download when I check the speed through the Bell router though it comes out at 1.1 GPBS

Edit: Was able to get all of my PC's working via hardwire by changing the IP addresses. My speeds are still low however.

No it does not go back up to the full amount. I have been running the speed tests periodically and it bounces anywhere from 400 to 600 download. Also, I have been trying to connect my google chrome cast to the WiFi and it is saying it cannot connect. I have taken mirroring off the WiFi signals and still it will not connect. It sees the network and tries to connect it just says it fails each time

1 hour ago, TheCupofJoe said:

No it does not go back up to the full amount. I have been running the speed tests periodically and it bounces anywhere from 400 to 600 download. Also, I have been trying to connect my google chrome cast to the WiFi and it is saying it cannot connect. I have taken mirroring off the WiFi signals and still it will not connect. It sees the network and tries to connect it just says it fails each time

OK, are you running the speedtests over wired or wireless?

Could you double check the Wi-Fi password still matches what's written on the label? You can confirm this by going to Network Settings -> LAN -> Wi-Fi.

9 hours ago, TheCupofJoe said:

Got the Chromecast working but, I am still not getting the speeds I am maxing out at like 500 Gbps down but the Upload is right where it should be around 750 Gbps. I disabled all QoS and still the same thing.

Where are you measuring these speeds? Through Connection Benchmark or through a third party speed test such as speedtest.net?

I can do it through several different places. Through the connection benchmark, speedtest, dslreports, and directly through the Bell HomeHub3000 which I just ran and it says 1.1 Gbps down and 800 Mbps upload. Sorry on the last post not labeling the upload speed correctly.