Most servers showing as domain name unnamed

sabarblade

Hey, so I've been trying to test out server pings on local black ops cold war servers and I've been having an issue with the ping not reflecting the actual ping of that server (jumps from 3 ping to 21 both too low to be my actual ping) and i don't get the domain names to show most of the time either so i cant ping them myself, any recommendations? latest firmware and cloud sync. Example ID's are 1a95e0ab32b9171c and 1a95f0bb32b9171c. Cheers. 

• Administrators

Sometimes the actual server is unpingable so it will try to ping the closest hop to that server, is suspect it's trying to do that but then actually able to ping it on occasion. This will be the reason the IP/domain doesn't show also. There isn't much you can do about it really - are you doing this on heatmap or the Geo-Filter?

This is on the geo filter, most of the AUS Sydney servers seem to be doing this. When i was on the R1 it seemed to find the domain of those servers fine but after switching to the R2 they no longer show. Ill do some testing tomorrow if this is still the case on the R1.  

Edit: I've also got servers that have been set to allowed that don't get allowed and the same for blocked servers, this is after the 2-3 minute wait time. I have it set to 111 radius in the ocean and those servers still get blocked even if set to allowed. 

• Administrators

If you plug the R1 back in and test do they appear and ping properly still?

The allowed servers will be allowed regardless of your settings but it's not a way to prioritize servers, does that still apply? Turn off the game completely, wait 2 minutes and then see if they're blocked.