XR1000 Connection status disconnected

Hello team,

I got my new XR1000, so far I’m loving it, after the initial setup I realize that my connection status sows “ disconnected” but I do have internet connection, still there somethings that are not working properly: 

1- Ping heatmap  is not working properly, I get more Ping failed that successful.

2- Upnp check mark doesn’t stay checked, portmap table is empty most of the time.

3- internet speed test are very inconsistent in my devices ( Mac, cell phone, Xbox, etc), difference is very noticeable.  However results are more consistent in “Connection benchmark” within the router.

im not sure if  these listed issues are being caused by the connection status issue, but this never happened to me with my XR500. 

ive done 2 factory reset so far but no luck.  My ISP router is in bridge mode, I only have my XR1000 connected to it. 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

1. Activision are updating the servers multiple times a day which makes it harder to keep up. Resync the cloud, if it doesn't work we'll need to update again. We are looking for a more permanent solution currently.
  2. Known bug on the latest version, it is enabled by default so you can ignore it.
  3. Is this over WiFi and ethernet? What speeds do you expect/receive and what are you getting currently?

As far as the disconnected message goes I've not seen a false reading like that before, maybe due to the bridge mode on the ISP router but if everything is generally fine you can ignore it.

Hello Fraser,

Thank you for the quick answer.

3. This is over ethernet, i have 200MB download and 20 MB upload, the only page that is showing that is fast.com, speedtest.net gives me below 100MB download and 20MB upload (which is fine for th upload), same with my ISP speed test page and some others. Looks like something is going on with the download and these tests. On my Xbox out 10 test i get 6-7 results very close to 200MB/20MB, but i get the half or less on the remaning tests which is very concerning 

This false reading  is something very weird, I can take more advantage of my XR1000 with my ISP in bridge mode and honestly, everything runs smoothly and i dont get double NAT, unless you can teach me something different without bridge mode.

QoS - Congestion control is off, i get better results when its off.

Bandwith Allocation - Default settings.

Traffic Prioritization - DumaOS Classified games and Games console on, work at home off.

Just FYI - For testing purposes, I made a factory reset to my ISP router meaning im no longer using bridge mode:

- The connection status false reading went away now its "Connected"

- My Xbox got a Moderate NAT due to double NAT issues.However speed test gave me same results in most of the tests.

- Benchmark speed test kind of similar, ping results were a little high this time.

17 hours ago, Roos said:

QoS - Congestion control is off, i get better results when its off.

Bandwith Allocation - Default settings.

Traffic Prioritization - DumaOS Classified games and Games console on, work at home off.

Just FYI - For testing purposes, I made a factory reset to my ISP router meaning im no longer using bridge mode:

- The connection status false reading went away now its "Connected"

- My Xbox got a Moderate NAT due to double NAT issues.However speed test gave me same results in most of the tests.

- Benchmark speed test kind of similar, ping results were a little high this time.

OK, instead of using Bridge mode, take your XR1000's WAN IP and put it in the DMZ of the ISP router, that should resolve any NAT issues.

Are the Ping Test (Under Load) scores the ones that are looking a little high? If so, this is a symptom of QoS not being active. If you set you Congestion Control to 70/70 I'm sure you'll find these scores are much better.

Hello Liam,

Thank yu so much for you advise. I did what you said and it worked, my NAT is open and  im getting better connection scores. Would this also help me to get better ping from servers? or reduce lag?

1 hour ago, Roos said:

Hello Liam,

Thank yu so much for you advise. I did what you said and it worked, my NAT is open and  im getting better connection scores. Would this also help me to get better ping from servers? or reduce lag?

Nice!

DMZing the XR1000 won't do much for ping or lag, at the very most it'll just ensure packets aren't getting dropped due to closed ports.

However, now you've configured Congestion Control, QoS is working properly so that should definitely help with lag!

Do you have Geo-filter configured? If you're having issues with ping in game, Geo-filter will be a massive help here.

Hello again Liam,

Yes, i do have geo-filter configured.  I asked that cause after turning bridge mode off i played some games in the same servers that i usually play,  ping increased around 15-20ms according to the Auto ping panel within Geo-filter, i dont know if im missing something or might be cause of the double NAT issue.

12 hours ago, Roos said:

Hello again Liam,

Yes, i do have geo-filter configured.  I asked that cause after turning bridge mode off i played some games in the same servers that i usually play,  ping increased around 15-20ms according to the Auto ping panel within Geo-filter, i dont know if im missing something or might be cause of the double NAT issue.

With the DMZ you shouldn't have double NAT anymore, are you still seeing this error?

What ping were you getting on average in-game? Were you playing during peak hours or off-peak? 

Let me clarify that, I’m not longer getting the double NAT error on my Xbox. I ran a tracert command on cmd to check this. 

Regarding the ping average with the servers closest to my location, I normally play mlb the show 21 which doesn’t have an in-game ping status but I always have my laptop so I can monitor the severs that are shown in the geo-filter, ping was between 45-55ms average, now is between 63-80ms . Also, I usually play around the same time every time I play.

I’ll try some other games which I kind of know what’s the ping average, I will run several tests for 3 days so I can take notes to compare. 

36 minutes ago, Roos said:

Let me clarify that, I’m not longer getting the double NAT error on my Xbox. I ran a tracert command on cmd to check this. 

Regarding the ping average with the servers closest to my location, I normally play mlb the show 21 which doesn’t have an in-game ping status but I always have my laptop so I can monitor the severs that are shown in the geo-filter, ping was between 45-55ms average, now is between 63-80ms . Also, I usually play around the same time every time I play.

I’ll try some other games which I kind of know what’s the ping average, I will run several tests for 3 days so I can take notes to compare. 

OK yeah it'd be interesting to see if you have the same issue in other games, MLB The Show isn't supported like other games are so I suppose that could be it.

Let us know how you get on, thank you!