XR 450 high ping all D scores

LanceStout

My speed test says my results are good … I know take that with a grain of salt too but when I go to ping heat nap I can’t get in a single call of duty server under a 100 ping. I can play on my cell phone hotspot and get 50 ping…. This all happened last year after I upgraded to beta firmware 

image.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

In Ping Heatmap, click the burger menu in the top left and hit Resync cloud. That should solve the problem you're seeing in Ping Heatmap.

In QoS, click the three-line menu in Congestion Control and hit Set Bandwidth Speeds. Put the results you got from speedtest.net in here.

Then, set the Congestion Control sliders to 70% on both, then select 'Always'. Re-run a Connection Benchmark afterwards and see if the scores are better.

If they are, you can go ahead and set Congestion Control back to 'Auto-enable'.

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

Welcome to the forum!

In Ping Heatmap, click the burger menu in the top left and hit Resync cloud. That should solve the problem you're seeing in Ping Heatmap.

In QoS, click the three-line menu in Congestion Control and hit Set Bandwidth Speeds. Put the results you got from speedtest.net in here.

Then, set the Congestion Control sliders to 70% on both, then select 'Always'. Re-run a Connection Benchmark afterwards and see if the scores are better.

If they are, you can go ahead and set Congestion Control back to 'Auto-enable'.

I did do all that but its not better

On 9/22/2021 at 5:20 AM, Netduma Liam said:

Your base ping in your ping test is really high, are all devices connected directly to the XR450 or are some still connected to the Spectrum? How do you currently have QoS configured?

everything is connected to xr 450 man.  and im positive i have QOS configured properly.

• Administrators

Don't worry too much about benchmark, we're still improving the results shown there, go off the other speed test results you had. Ping Heatmap is failing to ping a lot of servers at the moment so once we update that you'll see servers under 100ms. Plus you'll be able to connect to the servers closest to you still using the Geo-Filter.

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Don't worry too much about benchmark, we're still improving the results shown there, go off the other speed test results you had. Ping Heatmap is failing to ping a lot of servers at the moment so once we update that you'll see servers under 100ms. Plus you'll be able to connect to the servers closest to you still using the Geo-Filter.

yeah but the issue is everything im connecting to ingame is like 100 ping. if i use my hotspot on my phone then i get 50 ping to cod servers. something isnt right lol

yeah which is fine but what I'm saying is last year my ping was 60s on east and west servers when i was in Colorado.. my friend has spectrum in Florida and get better ping to west severs than i do and we have the same internet plan??

I upgraded to a beta software like November or December last year and my ping has been much worse sense then??

• Administrators

I understand that, what is the ping that the Geo-Filter shows? Every connection is different even if you have the same provider. You can try going back to the pre 3.0 firmware but the firmware change is unlikely to cause a ping increase on its own. It's most likely your settings, if you let me know your Geo ping we can go from there.

• Administrators

Filtering Mode is toggled off. If it is off then you can get on any server at all, if we're to get to the bottom of the issue the Geo-Filter should be used to get the closest servers. Your radius is too big, put it to 1000km. 

What is the ping that the Geo-Filter shows when you're in a game?

lol bro i know that much there is only two servers that i can pick from salt lake and texas and they literally are still the same.. it doesnt matter if i use geo filter bro thats what im saying regardless i shouldnt have 100 ping lol

On 9/26/2021 at 5:12 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Please can you answer the question, what is the ping that the Geo-Filter shows when you're in a game? Then we can progress with troubleshooting.

lol ill literally pay you 50 bucks if you discord and optimize for me lol.. ive tried everything I can 

• Administrators

Okay great thank you, so that makes sense, looked up the location of the server and it should actually be appearing in Georgia, hence why your ping is much higher than it should be. There isn't anything wrong with your settings, the server is just in the wrong place. Try this instead, put your home location in the ocean, smallest distance possible and set Ping Assist to 60ms. Then see if you get better games.

We don't do anything like that, you've paid for support through your purchase of the router and we will continue to help, no payment necessary.