How to pick a good server

Nunzio

Hello is there a way to tell when i alloy a server if its overload o not ? Be cause when i play in the morning it plays good its obvious because there are less players playing at that time so the idea is time to time you have to change server btw i play on Destiny 

• Administrators

The best way to do this is look at the discrepancy between the Geo-Filter ping and the in game ping. I'm unsure on whether Destiny include the processing delay in their ping calculation or not. If the in game ping is always higher than the Geo-Filter then it does. What you can expect generally is 20-30ms above what the Geo-Filter says to be in a good game. If it is any higher than that then indicates it's under load. If the ping matches the Geo-Filter then they don't show processing and there may not be a way to tell if it is under load or not.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The best way to do this is look at the discrepancy between the Geo-Filter ping and the in game ping. I'm unsure on whether Destiny include the processing delay in their ping calculation or not. If the in game ping is always higher than the Geo-Filter then it does. What you can expect generally is 20-30ms above what the Geo-Filter says to be in a good game. If it is any higher than that then indicates it's under load. If the ping matches the Geo-Filter then they don't show processing and there may not be a way to tell if it is under load or not.

Ok at least i have an idea of what can i do thank you fraser