Error after saving incorrect HybridVPN settings

mwilky

Looks like I entered some incorrect settings into the VPN traffic section, when i try and remove either the service or the device I get the following error 1st image (1.png)

If I come out of the HybridVPN page and try and go back in, i get the following error 2nd image (2.png

Any ideas?

1.PNG

2.PNG

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Looks like you found a good bug there so thanks haha! I think you will either need to reboot or most likely do a factory reset to get out of this unfortunately. Alternatively, deleting that desktop from the Device Manager may remove the rule from the VPN and get rid of the message.

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Looks like you found a good bug there so thanks haha! I think you will either need to reboot or most likely do a factory reset to get out of this unfortunately. Alternatively, deleting that desktop from the Device Manager may remove the rule from the VPN and get rid of the message.

Lucky me :D 

I will try deleting from device manager before a factory reset, will i be able to add it back again afterwards with no issue?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2021 at 12:32 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes you will, just ensure you don't enter the ports in like you did there 811:81 and you should be good.

All sorted mate, required a factory reset unfortunately but back up and running now! 

I've noticed though, if using openvpn the configuration setup seems to disappear after a while (can't tell the cause or exact time frame). The VPN seems to remain connected but the configuration and login sections are empty. 

• Administrators
5 hours ago, mwilky said:

All sorted mate, required a factory reset unfortunately but back up and running now! 

I've noticed though, if using openvpn the configuration setup seems to disappear after a while (can't tell the cause or exact time frame). The VPN seems to remain connected but the configuration and login sections are empty. 

Great to hear that! We're aware of that bug, we will be remaking the entire feature so it's not something we'll be fixing as it's not vital and it shouldn't be an issue when it has been remade.

• 2 months later...
On 9/20/2021 at 3:09 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Great to hear that! We're aware of that bug, we will be remaking the entire feature so it's not something we'll be fixing as it's not vital and it shouldn't be an issue when it has been remade.

Hi Fraser,

I am noticing that the vpn goes to "failed" after a few days usage, not sure the exact time frame. Is there anything i can do to make it a bit more long lasting?

Im using ExpressVPN if that makes a difference, if you need anything please let me know!

Thanks a lot

• Administrators
1 hour ago, mwilky said:

Hi Fraser,

I am noticing that the vpn goes to "failed" after a few days usage, not sure the exact time frame. Is there anything i can do to make it a bit more long lasting?

Im using ExpressVPN if that makes a difference, if you need anything please let me know!

Thanks a lot

Could you provide the config you're using please? There may be some entries we can add to extend it.

On 11/26/2021 at 3:11 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you provide the config you're using please? There may be some entries we can add to extend it.

sorry for the delayed reply had a manic weekend!

I've attached the config file provided from expressvpn

Thanks a lot

my_expressvpn_uk_-_london_udp.ovpn

On 11/26/2021 at 3:11 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Just noticed there was a firmware update. Ignore what I've said till i've tested it on the new firmware!

Thanks a lot

On 11/29/2021 at 7:11 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

No worries, keep us posted on how you get on, make sure you do a factory reset once the upgrade has completed to prevent any lingering issues carrying over.

Hi mate, Checked today and the vpn had "failed" again. Unable to do a factory reset at the moment as accessing remotely but here is the vpn config as requested.

my_expressvpn_uk_-_london_udp.ovpn

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2021 at 3:11 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Add:

client

to the very top of the config so it's the first line, then see if it connects please.

Hi Fraser,

Still seems to "fail" after a certain period of time unfortunately :(

Anything more you need from me?

2 hours ago, mwilky said:

Hi Fraser,

Still seems to "fail" after a certain period of time unfortunately :(

Anything more you need from me?

How long did it last? Did you see any errors in the VPN logs when it eventually dropped again? If so, can you provide those here?

On 12/22/2021 at 1:12 PM, Netduma Liam said:

How long did it last? Did you see any errors in the VPN logs when it eventually dropped again? If so, can you provide those here?

It's a good few days, at the moment it is still connected since when I posted about it failing.

The logs section at the moment is showing empty, will it only log when it fails?

• Administrators

I think that probably happens so they can free up space on the servers, if you're not using the internet/VPN the whole team e.g. when you're asleep it will see that as inactivity and likely disconnect you. Yes logs will only show when it fails so something wrong with the config, incorrect password etc.