Are there dedicated servers on R1 1.03.6j firmware

Jacques

• Administrators

That's interesting, the Benchmark is direct from the router so whatever is causing it seems to be more at the device level. Does every device have these slow speeds or just this specific one? You don't need to do anything specific to the R1 if you want to connect it behind the TP

I tried it on my laptop... and I notice the high ping on my phone. I watched 1,5 hours youtube video and this happened:

https://www.speedtest.net/result/12100860222

I did nothing else after reboot only watched youtube, and some remote another computer with Teamviewer, but it was too slow. I relised somthing wrong again.

netdumaX1.jpg

• Administrators

Okay so do what you did before, watch YouTube for the same amount of time then follow this guide while connected directly to the modem. Just before the saturation part, you don't need to worry about that bit.

http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping

• Administrators

Was that after or during watching? Also you need to do it while you're connected to the modem, not to the R1. It would be better if you could watch as much as you did before and on PingPlotter ping something else like a local news website for example.

• Administrators

That's fine as you'll have QoS enabled so that's expected. It's really the after the intense YouTube watching I want to see what is happening. Please also do it from your modem/ONT, whatever the R1 is plugged into, then we can see if it is a potential ISP issue.

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, Jacques said:

Ok, I will test it without the R1. But dont forget, QoS was disabled at this test, cuz you said: disable QoS. (answer: 13th september)

Sorry I actually meant disabled in my last comment! Let us know how you get on

Hi! Over ethernet. I dont use wifi only on phones or tablets.

This is the only modem result. Start at 20:08. I did my evening routine. Some work with Teamviewer and watching videos. Update some webpages.

pingplot only modem.jpg

• Administrators

Okay interesting, there isn't so many spikes but you experienced a lot of packet loss there so I don't think it is the router necessarily but could be the modem or perhaps down to the ISP e.g. the route it takes to the server etc.

OK. And What can I do? How can I configure R1 behind TP-Link?

TP Link IP address: 192.168.0.1.   Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0   Gateway: 192.168.0.1

R1 IP address: 192.168.0.2.   Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

Do I have to turn off or turn on R1 upnp and dhcp?

What is Xbox addresses? For example: 192.168.0.195   Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0  but what is Gateway? The R1 or TP Link?

• Administrators

I'm talking about the modem itself in your recent screenshot so nothing to do with the TP Link and you don't need to do anything with the IPs etc. 

I would show that last screenshot to the ISP as evidence that you're experiencing packet loss and see what they can do

Still dont work. Whats wrong? This is the settings for both router:

TPL: 192.168.0.1
DHCP on 100-199
UPnP on
Wifi on
DMZ: 192.168.0.101

R1: 192.168.0.2
DHCP off
UPnP off
Wifi off

WAN (Static): 192.168.0.101
Gateway: 192.168.0.1

Xbox: 192.168.0.195

Modem connected into TPL LAN slot.
R1 connected into TPL Ethernet2 slot.
Laptop connected into TPL Ethernet3 slot.

TPL linked into R1 Ethernet2 slot.
Xbox connected into R1 Ethernet4 slot.

OK, its working now. But I want this: the laptop connected to TPL router. How can I reach DumaOS, when laptop is on 192.168.0.xxx and the R1 is 192.168.88.1?

If I connect the laptop to the R1, I will be where I started... the R1 download speed will go down.

• Administrators

That won't be possible. I'd suggest enabling WiFi for the R1, can set it to not broadcast if you like, then when you want to adjust settings on the R1 connect the laptop to the WiFi - you can still keep the laptop connected to the TPL and get those full speeds.

• 1 month later...