Packet Loss Warzone PC

arky_4

22 hours ago, zman1156 said:

You using a vpn by any chance? Sometimes when you using a vpn you will see those red and orange boxes but sometimes its on call of dutys end too and nothing you can do about it. but if its very consistent it probably something on your end. Some vpns do cause that though depending on the quality of the vpn and how you have it set up.

No VPN feel that would be cheating ;)

On 11/3/2021 at 11:58 AM, Netduma Liam said:

Are you playing on local servers or are you forcing servers that are much further away?

I've done the polygon thing around south of england so should be getting the london server.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, arky_4 said:

I've done the polygon thing around south of england so should be getting the london server.

What is the modem/router model the XR is connected to? Do you have an Open NAT? Do you see the ping spike on the Geo-Filter when packet loss is shown on the game? What is the in game ping compared to the Geo-Filter ping?

• 1 month later...
On 11/6/2021 at 12:55 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

What is the modem/router model the XR is connected to? Do you have an Open NAT? Do you see the ping spike on the Geo-Filter when packet loss is shown on the game? What is the in game ping compared to the Geo-Filter ping?

Hi no modem, the router is connected to a fibre box on side of house I think through power injector due to my router.

I do have Open NAT and have tried port forwarding as below.

Call of Duty: Warzone - PC

• TCP: 3074, 27014-27050
  • UDP: 3074, 3478, 4379-4380, 27000-27031, 27036

Couple of things...

Under Geo-Filter map ive selected my PC the Call of Duty PC but says Your device was added with filtering mode disabled. You can still ping and monitor servers in real time. Filtering mode is not currently supported for this game.

So I guess that means its not working? what should it be set as?

I have DumaOs classified games under traffic prioritization.

Congestion is on always and 70% for both.

I wanted to rule out the router being an issue with my ISP but they have asked for the server IP.

As far as I can tell its not connecting to one server so can someone explain what I should do with that page.

Can someone please tell me what settings I should have.

maOS d CDumaOS Classified Gameslassified Games

• Administrators

You don't need to use port forwarding, UPnP should get you an Open NAT. Yes it won't be working which is why you can't get that server. Remove it from the Geo-Filter, go to the Device Manager, change the PC to a PlayStation then re-add it to the Geo-Filter, select the manual option then try forcing the server.

14 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You don't need to use port forwarding, UPnP should get you an Open NAT. Yes it won't be working which is why you can't get that server. Remove it from the Geo-Filter, go to the Device Manager, change the PC to a PlayStation then re-add it to the Geo-Filter, select the manual option then try forcing the server.

Okay will give that a go.

Do I need anything more under traffic prioritization?

Just have classified games as it stands

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, arky_4 said:

Okay will give that a go.

Do I need anything more under traffic prioritization?

Just have classified games as it stands

You don't specifically need to put anything else there, that will auto prioritize for you

Hi @Netduma Fraser

So removed the port forwarding as suggested.

Changed the PC to Playstation so its now filtering.

It appears to just connect to peers with 25ms so assumed thats good?

Its on strict mode now.

I am however periodically get 1-2% packet loss sometimes higher.

What could I try next?

My ISP has asked for IP for them to ping but if its connecting to different peers its hard to give them an IP?!

• Administrators

Yes that's a good ping, it won't actually be a peer, it will be a misclassified server. Also if you try to ping the server IP directly it will fail as they don't respond to traditional pings. Where are you seeing the packet loss, in game or elsewhere, does it affect the connection?

Just checked the conservation with ISP and they want to do trace route to the server not ping.

Just attached a picture of where it shows in game.

My friend that I play with never gets this and if I watch people on twitch they don't either.

As i'm playing a fps it can't be helping me.

Screenshot_2021-12-11_at_20_17_26.png

• Administrators

Yes that's all fine thank you. Okay so the packet loss isn't on your side at all as your unprioritized (dropped) packets are at 0 so it's definitely on the game side so try and switch around servers, try ones you wouldn't usually plan on and see if it is any better.

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, arky_4 said:

Well thats good about the packet loss my end at least.

How do I pick specific servers? I just seem to get player ones.

They're not players, just misclassified servers. Use Ping Heatmap to find the servers around you, then adjust the Geo-Filter by moving the home location/adjusting the radius size or drawing polygons over the server you want to try and leaving servers you don't want outside that radius/zone, then go on the game and it will force the server you want