MAC address clone changing setting causes no internet until factory reset

So I was having an issue with my r apps so I changed the setting to retry 5 times.

Well it didn’t work but I noticed after I did that my internet stopped working completely. I had to factory reset it but this is how it happend.

1. Have a MAC address changed under router MAC address. 
2. Change the settings to retry 5 times on the r apps.

And bam internet doesn’t work anymore.

Only fix I found was a factory reset.

Even after this happened I plugged it into another router to see if it would get an internet connection, but nope. Even though on my other router it says that it’s plugged in it doesn’t even show under the devices tab and the internet light is still orange. I hope this gets looked into! Also changing the thing back to 3 retrys didn’t fix it either.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

This would certainly be very odd if that is the case as retries just sets the amount of times Rapps try to load themselves if they fail. Did you reboot from the interface after setting to 5? That is what we usually say to do as it won't properly take affect otherwise. If not do that then try the MAC. If you change the MAC address on its own do you still have internet? What MAC option are you selecting?

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

This would certainly be very odd if that is the case as retries just sets the amount of times Rapps try to load themselves if they fail. Did you reboot from the interface after setting to 5? That is what we usually say to do as it won't properly take affect otherwise. If not do that then try the MAC. If you change the MAC address on its own do you still have internet? What MAC option are you selecting?

I’m doing the set MAC address because my ISP has it set to a locked MAC address that will work on their network unless I tell them. So I just grab the old MAC address and set it on the netduma router. And yes I did reboot after setting it to 5. That’s what caused the issue. Also when I changed the MAC address back to the default it didn’t work either. I tested that by plugging it in another router and the other router didn’t see the device at all. Even the light on the other router was on seeing the netduma router plugged in into one of its ports indicated by the leds. But still didn’t get internet. Went into the other routers devices connected. Netduma router nowhere to be seen.

9 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for the information, I'll pass it onto the team and see if they can reproduce it

Awesome thank you! If they have trouble reproducing it I do have the config file that is the broken one. All I would need to do is save my current one, load the broken config and change the login password then I can send it.