Open vpn config file

folegnani

I've recently purchased a netduma and I downloaded an open vpn config file from windscribe, however when I open it its just 2 lines of jibberish. Just curious how to open the file properly? Or is there something I'm doing wrong. I'm new to all this vpn stuff, so I'm really struggling. Any help would be much appreciated.ย ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Administrators

You're right, that config is no good. Did you specify the location, protocol, port and OpenVPN version then click download config or did you just click download config? If the latter you need to select those options to get the correct config.ย 

• Administrators

The VPN will actually change where you appear geographically - by using a VPN you will have additional latency if you're using it to play games and it's not something we generally advise. As the config you used is specific to the location you picked you would need to go back to the site, select a new location, download the file and put that into the VPN and reconnect.

The Geo-Filter doesn't change where you appear geographically - it simply blocks connections outside your radius. You can use it to force servers in other countries but keep in mind, the further the server the higher the latency and also the longer the search times will be. If it is really far away there is no guarantee you'll get a game. Click the Pin icon under the Zoom bar on the Geo-Filter Map then click on the map where you want to place it. You can then resize the radius to allow the servers you want to play on.