2nd XBOX problems.

GBDJG

Ok since my last post my sons xbox the second xbox on start up 4 times out of 10 will no internet connection the console is wired.

I have try to reserve an ip in dchp how ever no matter what the console will not take the reserved ip even after console and router restarts.

I cant make a static ip in the console settings as it will not connect to the net through the r2 even when i use the ip assigned while on auto.

Constant moderate NATs again.along with upnp not able please restart modem/router.

I mean damn i just want to play xbox with my son.

i really dont want to buy another router or switch to my netgear or my ips but this is crazy i dont use any of the R2 features anymore makes my games feel slow and laggy with also visual lag like player model tracers all i use the R2 for is to reduce my ping to acceptable levels .

I have chosen manual ports within the xbox firmware.with out this the moderate Nat is Strict.

Also my xbox works with a static ip. we are not use DMZ UPNP is enabled.

Not use port forward.or should I?yes the console is off the ip is 192.168.77.110

also the console needs to be on when setting a static ip in console firmware

ok setup is like this.

console 1 = static ip = 192.168.77.165. Nat open to moderate.

console 2 = auto ip= static wont work. intermittent net moderate to strict Nat 

upnp enabled.

alternate manual ports selected on consoles.

i had the same issue with my kids tv saving a ip in DCHP stopped it losing connection.

im surely if i have both consoles with alternate port selected and upnp enabled neither one should lose internet connection???

33 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is the IP you're trying to make static? Are you setting it while the console is completely off? I assume you haven't got an Open NAT now as the port forward no longer is to the right IP

Ok Fraser i may have been getting my self in a muddle i now have both consoles with static ips both ips saved in R2 dchp and open Nat.

I got a little confused im sure you know by now im not the smartest person around.

please close this post.

And many thanks for helping again.

• Administrators

No worries at all, glad you managed to get the issue resolved. Just for note it's always best to set the static/reserved IP on the router itself and then with the console set to auto it will get that IP info from the router. If you need anything else feel free to make a new topic!