Stubborn Device Won't Go Away

SwiftCookie

Yo DumaArmy,

Just a quick query as to why I can't get rid of this connected device? There's no devices in my house using that IP Address and when I block it I'm still being told it's connected.... 

UGHHHHH.png

When you block the device - it's still connected, it just blocks the communication in/out.

MAC Address is in range of u-Blox AG which is a company mainly doing things for automotive and IoT - maybe that will help you narrow down the device.

16 minutes ago, Deng said:

When you block the device - it's still connected, it just blocks the communication in/out.

MAC Address is in range of u-Blox AG which is a company mainly doing things for automotive and IoT - maybe that will help you narrow down the device.

Yeah I looked up the MAC address too and got the same result, just to be safe I've changed the password. I'm absolutely astounded someone in my area has been able to figure out my password seeing as it's a randomly generated one. Also, I feel a little violated now haha. Either way it's not connected now and all my devices seem to be working fine so I dunno. 

2 hours ago, SwiftCookie said:

Yeah I looked up the MAC address too and got the same result, just to be safe I've changed the password. I'm absolutely astounded someone in my area has been able to figure out my password seeing as it's a randomly generated one. Also, I feel a little violated now haha. Either way it's not connected now and all my devices seem to be working fine so I dunno. 

Do you have any IoT devices? I frequently scare myself with things like this, my smart bulbs are my own worst enemy.

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

Do you have any IoT devices? I frequently scare myself with things like this, my smart bulbs are my own worst enemy.

Nah nothing smart other than our phones and a chromecast, no bloody idea what or who is connecting to my router haha 😅