Trouble with devices connecting

Jwright12

I am having trouble with some devices connecting. It has happened with Macbooks, Iphones, and Roku so far. They usually connect fine initially and work. But after they turn off or end connection and try to reconnect the wifi option does not show up. They are also listed as offline under "device manager" even though they are turned on. Are there any setting I can use to help connect better. 

Also a side note, how do I find the best settings that work for my home. I do not necessarily need to prioritize gaming. I would like to optimize my connection to my ps4 when playing, but not lose on video streaming with the roku. I am okay with having a little worse connection on my PS5 if that means the other devices connect better. My PS5 is connected via ethernet if that changes anything.

Thanks,

Jacob

Welcome to the forum!

What device is Roku running on? Does this issue seem to be otherwise exclusive to Apple devices?

We have a guide on our knowledge base that runs you through how to optimise QoS for you network, check it out and let us know if you have any questions:
http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077073-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-qos

It is a Roku Streaming Stick connected to a samsung TV. It has been connected before and will sometimes work, but other times the wifi is not shown and it is listed as inactive on the device manager.

It seems to be only Apple devices, but other than the PS5 and Roku those are the only ones we have tried to connect.

I will check that article out, thanks for the link!

• Administrators

Okay disable that, give 2.4/5GHz different names, apply, reboot the router from the interface, then wait 2 minutes before accessing the interface or connecting to WiFi. Then connect manually to 2.4 or 5GHz and see if it seems to work better after that

• Administrators

2.4GHz is more for devices you want a consistent connection on - the signal travels further and better through walls but speeds are slower. Gaming would be better using 2.4GHz for example.

5GHz is more for devices that need higher speeds/more bandwidth - the signal does not travel as far and has weaker wall penetration. Streaming Netflix would be better using 5GHz for example.

You can use either though but those are the pros/cons to each.