Feedback, and it is not pretty!

Glynn_A

On 8/29/2021 at 11:33 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Did you disable the protection options? They can drop packets and so could be a cause of reduced speeds

On the R2...how would we disable protection options?...is that something we all should try to see if it cuts down on packet loss?...I dont really think I'm having trouble with that but stil..haha

Also, I have fiber and my ATT uses IPV6 servers....should I still disable to see if it works better?...just curious

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, David824 said:

On the R2...how would we disable protection options?...is that something we all should try to see if it cuts down on packet loss?...I dont really think I'm having trouble with that but stil..haha

Also, I have fiber and my ATT uses IPV6 servers....should I still disable to see if it works better?...just curious

You can do that from the WAN Settings page - it will drop packets it thinks need to be dropped for your protection so having them enabled won't necessarily mean you'll suffer packet loss and if you're not it's recommended to keep them enabled for your protection.

It should work fine with IPv6 enabled, based on our findings disconnection issues etc are nothing to do with that but you can try if you want to, there is no harm doing so.